Chapter 8

"Let me in Scarlett! Let me in now!" Evalyn screamed as she banged on my door.

I tried to block her out best I could, but she was too loud.

"I swear, Scarlett Nicole Walters that if you don't let me in right now I'm not talking to you anymore. Go find a new fucking best friend!" Evalyn screamed.

"Just leave me alone for a while!" I screamed, breaking my vow of silence.

I heard silence at the other end of the door, and then I heard sobs. Big, heavy sobs that broke my heart. Evalyn never cried, at least never while she was around me. It was a new feeling for me, a feeling I didn't like. I had caused Evalyn's sadness by my own selfish needs.

"Evalyn . . ." I trailed off. I didn't know what to say to her. I didn't know my best friend anymore.

"Evalyn . . ." I tried again, but I didn't know what to say. Acting on impulse, I went to go open the door. Evalyn was in a disgruntled hump on the floor, sobbing her heart out.

"Evalyn, I'm so sorry, I don't know what's happened the past few months. I really need you and I don't want you to cry."

Evalyn looked up at me. She had always been there for me, but she had never, ever talked to me about her problems. All I could see in her red, blotchy eyes was sadness and regret.

"I'm so sorry." I said.

"Sorry doesn't cut it this time, Scarlett." Evalyn said as she stood up. "You've never asked me how I've been, or asked me about my problems, and you know what? I'm going to go find a friend who cares. Good-bye."

"Don't leave, please." I pleaded, but Evalyn was already walking away.

"Please!" I shouted. "Don't leave me! I need you." The last part was a whisper.

Evalyn turned around and stared at me with cold eyes. "When I needed you, you were never there. What makes you think I'll do the same for you?"

I stood there, dumbfounded, as Evalyn left, the door still open.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Thank you for reading this far. I know this is a short chapter, but I update often enough that it's okay, right? Plus, what's going to happen to Scarlett after Evalyn leaves? Please give me your feedback on the story so far and if you have any plot twists you'd like to add, feel free to message me. I'm open to any suggestions you may have.

 Thank you for reading this chapter of My Suicide Story. All of these events are not true. Please send me feedback on this chapter. 

On a different note, I'm a critic (and yes, I know I'm not that good of a writer, but I know how books are supposed to be written) and if any of you would like their story reviewed, just let me know.