Chapter Thirty-Five

Start from the beginning

The male looked at the female, knowing she sensed him the minute he walked through the doorframe. With shorn, near white hair and raggedy clothing, the Omega Female looked as if she just walked through a battle field, causing a few causalities herself. And knowing her, she probably had. But what stood out to him the most was the rancid scent of grief, and he knew just what it was about.

"Hello, Tiberius." She grumbled through clenched teeth, tapping her glass on the bar.

"Nice seeing you again, Alpha." She winced at the title, she was no alpha any longer. Olympe did not have her throne back, yet.

The dominant female hummed lightly at his choice of words.

"What do you got for me now?" She warily asked.

Grey eyes watched as Tiberius ordered a Hennessy. The curly haired male seemed different, not so chipper, not as lively. She huffed softly, catching his attention, the male turned, seemingly alarmed by her newfound interest in him. Hesitantly, he sipped at his liquor, slightly uncomfortable.

"Tiberius." Olympe snapped impatiently, unsatisfied with the subordinate male's lack of distribution of intel.

Under her scrutiny the male fidgeted restlessly. The anticipation of her reaction worried him greatly, the disheartening feeling of having knowledge that could make or break her world was something that made him tense with anxiety.

"Alpha," he paused, unsure as how to tell her what she wanted to know. "Eight days ago a law was passed, declaring that females were allowed to take power. But the law never made it out to public knowledge, because two days later, the Council murdered your mate."

His brown eyes cautiously made their way over to look at the female as she sucked in a shaky breath. Not once did she look at him, staring daggers into the mirror before them. Her aura was drenched in unspoken, unannounced anger. Licking his lips nervously, Tiberius continued on to tread carefully through dangerous waters.

"In those two days between when the law was passed and the death of your. . .male, the council was in an uproar. No male wanted a female to rule them. So I suppose they pulled a Julius Caesar on his ass."

The female nearly broke her neck in hast as she gazed at the male beside her. As he flinched in shock, as his breathing quicken in pace.

"The Council, his own Council did this?" She questioned softly.

"Alpha, from what I gathered, yes. It was them. It is the only logical answer." Tiberius retorted hastily, his fingers tapping roughly against the glass.

"You are not telling me something." She paused, looking him up and down. "Now how did you know about the law if it was not announced publicly?" Her nostrils flared in irritation, she wanted the full truth.

"Um–I, uh. I may or may not have found my mate?"

"And? What is it about this mate that makes you withhold important intel?" Her gaze sharpened, her eyes narrowed, not liking his blunt disobedience.

"You'll kill him." He whispered softly, as if the sentence was the most fragile thing in the world.

"Why would I kill him? Could it possibly be the fact that your mate is on the Council?"

When she heard no answer from him, she grabbed ahold of his shoulder.

"Pay the man, we will discuss this outside." She squeezed his shoulder painfully, whispering into his ear.

Letting go of the small male, she leaned back as his trembling hand reached into his pocket and produced a few crisp Jacksons. Laying them on the polished wood, she flashed a dangerous smirk at the human bartender who had watched the hushed exchange from the other side of the joint.