~ 1 ~

It was the start of the school week again.

My phone had been buzzing all morning that day.

There I was, in bed covering my face with pillow. I was simply too exhausted to get up from having a karaoke night with the girls last night.

I eventually gave in and got up to look at the clock, to which motivated me to set the guinness world record of a person getting ready to school.

With an untoasted bread in my mouth, I cycled my way to school. Life is sure hard.

I was still late in the end but I managed to climb from the school gate to reach to my class without getting a warning letter.

If anyone caught me climbing, I would have been the class joker of the year, in the most embarrassing. way possible.

The girls were already in class when I reached there.

"Ah, speak of the devil.. there she is," Asami raised her eyebrows.

I placed my bag on the table, and sank into the chair.

"Both of you better not be gossiping about me," I groaned.

"Maybe, maybe not! Why did you ignored my messages?" Kiyoka pouted.

"I didn't mean to! I'm just worn out from yesterday," I looked at her.

"That's why you should go out more instead of staying at home, studying like a nerd, so that you won't get tired easily," Asami shook her head as if disappointed.

"I don't have time for all of these," I poked her forehead, "Besides, you both know that I live alone now. I have to do well in class in order to-"

"Yeah yeah! We get you. I'm sure you'll do well enough in this semester to be qualified in a good college," Kiyoka interrupted me, grinning.

I puffed my cheeks.

"Where is that annoying idiot anyway? Don't tell me he's late for school. He owes me a ton of material!" Asami showed me her pencil case.

There was only two items left. A pen and a corrector. Poor Asami.

"Watch me punch him if he doesn't replace my writing material soon," Asami clenched her fist.

"Maa, what's the problem? Just buy new ones. You're rich anyway," Kiyoka responded.

"That's not the point! I want my tools back. I've been too lenient on him last semester," Asami mumbled.

I smirked.

"Is that so? Or are you just excited to see him again," I chuckled, and high-fived Kiyoka.

Asami stared at me fiercely.

Of course, the stare was merely her way to threaten but I am used to her doing so.

I patted her head.

Later,

Two period passed, and it was finally lunch time.

My tummy rumbled. I searched through my bag and pocket to find that I didn't bring my wallet.

Curse you cruel fate! Now I'm going to have to fantasize about eating a chocolate bar.

I picked a table for us to sit while they went to buy their food.

Just then, Sakura appeared out of nowhere.

"Where is he?"

"Who?"

"Um, Yui!"

"I'm not sure myself," I replied.

"I know you guys know where he is. So tell me," she demanded, sounding much more annoyed now.

"Hey Ayano. Oh, Sakura. What brings you here?" Kazehaya looked at her confused, as he placed himself beside me with a potato chip bag.

Sakura's expression changed.

"Y-Yui! I..I wanted to ask if you'll like to join my friends and I to check out the new arcade that was released a week ago! There's a lot of fun games," she blushed, twirling her pink hair behind her.

"Oh. I've checked it out the other day. Most of the games that I liked aren't released yet."

"Hm..then we can go other places! I heard the new ramen shop nearby sells delicious ramen. I really wanna go there again!" She looked at him, with hopefullness.

"Then go," Asami responded, holding a bowl of ramen as she sat them down carefully on the table.

Kiyoka too, had just arrived with fried squids in a container.

"Maybe next time," Kazehaya replied, starting to open his bag of chips.

Sakura bit her lips, perhaps controlling her anger, before smiling at Kazehaya.

"Alright then. Well, my number didn't change since middle school, so contact me whenever! Bye Yui!" She quickly leave.

Asami groaned.

"Ruined my appetite," she stirred her noodles boringly.

"What's wrong?" I asked. "Also, if you don't want your food, hand them over" I uttered, almost drooling over her food.

She pulled her food further away and sulked while eating.

"I'm serious! I can't stand girls who flirt around shamelessly"

"You can take mine, I'm kinda full. I ate a lot for breakfast this morning," Kiyoka slid her container to me.

I gladly took it and ate it.

"Mmmm so good. Also, don't mind her. The more you think of it, the more pissed off you get," I munched the squid.

Asami nodded.

"Hmm. Don't worry about Sakura. I don't like her that way," Kazehaya winked at Asami.

Asami ignored him and continued eating.

"Sakura really goes all the way when it comes to you. Even to calling you by your last name," I glanced over to him.

"Hmmm. Yeah. Maybe she's just grateful that I saved her life when we were kids," Kazehaya spoke while eating his chips.

Kiyoka blinked.

"Please elaborate."

"Well..we used to play tag as a kid and one time, Sakura ran past the road. I pushed her away when a ruckless driver was driving her way. To summarise, I ended up in the hospital for a week. Her parents visited me and Sakura would come over crying next to the bed. And thus, that is why I have a scar on my leg," he explained.

"Wow. I didn't expect you and her to have a deep thing going on," I answered, honestly surprised.

Kiyoka poked Asami who had gotten quiet.

"Hurry up and eat! I have things to buy before class begin later," Kiyoka tugged her shirt.

"I know, but the ramen is still hot. I cant just eat it all!" she whined while chewing a fishball.

"Heh okayyy, take your time," Kiyoka sighed before looking at Kazehaya, "Say, why didn't you come for class earlier? You missed two periods of lesson."

"I woke up late. Haha. The prefects were my juniors, so they let me off!" He chuckled, resting his head onto his hands behind.

I rolled my eyes.

"Meanwhile I had a hard time getting to class," I mumbled.

Unfair advantage of being the school sport leader whom the juniors look up to.