Chapter 18

Previously

Lucy's spirits looked at all the other spirits with pride in their eyes as all the others stared in awestruck silence. They had only seen two Tennyo's in their entire existence, and that was very brief as they went to discuss something with the spirit king and then left for the human world. They were so rare and cherished that all the spirits were shocked not to only have one sitting there but also surrounded by 10 zodiac spirits. This would no doubt be the talk of the celestial realm for a long time to come. The day Zeref and his Tennyo visited...

Chapter 18

Aires had made a cushion for Lucy to sit on as Lucy kept watching Zeref's face for the moment he would wake. She was lost to her surroundings. She did not see the spirits bring in tables and food and drink. She slightly registered as shy spirits would come close to her to get a better look but she never lifted her head. After near an hour of them entering the celestial realm, she did not even register when Loke was called away to the human realm. Lucy was worried... It had been an hour now which totaled four days in Earthland yet Zeref has not woken. He should have woken after six Earthland hours, but there was still not a sign of him awakening.

Loke had just gotten back from soothing the Fairy Tail mages that were at the ruined train car. He hoped they would listen and leave the area. He sat down at the head of the table and Virgo walked up to him with a steaming mug. Loke looked over at Lucy and Zeref a worried expression on his face. "He still has not woken?" he asks Virgo quietly.

"No and Lucy seems to be getting more stressed." She responded softly.

They both look over at the girl. Lucy started to hum softly and places a hand on Zeref's forehead. Her shoulders sag slightly and her head hangs lower. She soon attracts the attention of everyone near her as she starts to glow brightly. Her wings stretch out and gently flap a few times before settling on her back once again. They all watch in awe as she starts to sing softly in a language they did not understand. It was a hauntingly beautiful song. She gently rocked as she sang and her body glowed.

Lucy did not know what was going on outside of his mind after she entered to look for him. She flowed into his mind. As soon as she entered she knew he was not in the magic induced slumber. His mind whirled with emotions and memories. Most of the emotions she felt were of sadness and guilt. She searched for him for a little while before she saw him standing at the seal. His back was to her, his shoulders were sagging and waves of sadness radiated from him.

Lucy watched him silently for a few moments then she looked past him to the seal. The seal was still glowing strongly but she could see two places that were darkened. Those were the runes that he had scratched off during his madness. Somehow she knew that unlike when she reworked the rune in Earthland, that because she was in the celestial realm it would not drain her. She let out a long soft breath and then set to work on re-engraving the runes that were removed. Once done the seal pulsed brightly once before settling back to the bright glow. When the seal pulsed bright Zeref's breath caught for a moment then he stiffened slightly. He knew she was here now.

She looked at his stiff back for a moment before she slowly approached him. Once she was close she ran a hand up his back gently. She could feel him shiver at her touch and she smile softly. Zeref still did not turn toward her and this made her smile turn down sadly. She let out a soft sigh and took another step. Now she was pressed against his back. He stiffened even more as she wrapped her arms around his waist. She pressed her cheek against his back between his shoulder blades.

They stayed there like that for a while. Soon Lucy felt him start to tremble violently. She rubbed her head against his back softly. She slowly slid around him never letting go. Once her face was buried in his chest she tightened her grip on his waist. He stood there for a moment his hands stiffly at his side. She nuzzled his chest and started to hum a song that came to her mind. A soft sob ripped from his throat and he wrapped his arms around her and buried his face in the hair at her neck. He cried into her shoulder and she just stood there, hugged him and sang her song.