Chapter 3

Previously

Finally happy with all the stuff she bought she drags him to a diner and they sit down to have lunch. After finishing her food she sighs and looks at him, "So I think we need to find some place away from people so that we can test the seal without the possibility of someone getting hurt." He nods in agreement. With that she pays for the meal and they leave the diner. They head out of town and walk into the woods surrounding the town.

Chapter 3

"How will we know how far is safe?" Lucy asks nervously as they continue deeper into the forest.

He looks over at her and smiles softly, "I can sense all living things around me. I will know when we are out of range of harming anyone, Akiraka no Tenshi, please trust me." He looks straight ahead again. He loses himself in his thoughts once again, walking comfortably next to Lucy with his hands in his pockets.

Lucy

She continues walking, glancing sideways at him. It is weird how sometimes I can hear his every thought, but other times I can't. She watches as his face scrunches up at some silent thought. Like right now. I know he is thinking but I can't hear it. She continues walking and once again has to stop herself from reaching out to touch him. Damn it! Why am I feeling like this! I just can't control my urges to touch him. Her hand twitches as she clamps it closed at her side.

It is not just the desire to touch him though. I should be terrified of this situation, of him! But I'm not. She sighs out loud. He is like some kind of drug I am addicted to. I can't get enough of him, his smile, his laugh, the feel of his skin under my fingers. Argg! He makes me feel warm and happy by just standing next to him. What is happening to me?! She lets out a soft growl in frustration.

Akiraka no Tenshi? The soft question snaps her out of her thoughts.

Zeref

"...Please trust me." Looking straight ahead again his thoughts wander. Four hundred years of hatred, killing, and malice. Why the hell did this happen? She is so kind and gentle, everything I have never been. Even before I opened the gate I was never considered good. Ambitious yes, very, not evil, yet. Neither did I have any really good traits. Then the gate was opened. Gods! I did so many evil things then. He sighs sadly and glances over at Lucy as he continues walking. He looks back in front of him.

I have caused so much pain and suffering even the world is rejecting me. So how? Why? was I given such a gift as my Akiraka no Tenshi? He is startled out of his thoughts as he feels a hand slowly slide down his left arm. He glances over to her. She sighs softly, and then her hand drops back to her side. She does not even realize she just touched me.

He turns his eyes once again on their path. Ever since I met her, and she closed the gate I feel at peace. I guess I can admit I have been happy with her near me. With her near me the world accepts me. I can touch and be touched by things without them withering and dying. But with all that aside I have this uncontrollable urge to do everything I can, not only to protect her, but make her happy. What the hell is happening to me?

His thoughts get interrupted again as he hears her growl in frustration. He focuses his senses around him, wondering if she feels something he does not, but there are no other life forms near them. No danger. He stops walking, they are in a clearing in the woods. He looks at the still walking Lucy. Akiraka no Tenshi? He asks softly.

Normal

She stops and turns around looking at Zeref, "What?" She asks quietly.

"We are at a safe distance now." He says, she looks around lets out a groan and flops to the ground. She lies on her back arms outstretched from her sides. She stares up at the sky and exhales loudly. Zeref sits down a little distance from her, and looks at her scrunched up face. "So what's up with the face?" He prods softly. He knows something is bothering her and wants to know what it is.