Chapter 1

Why the hell do you have me out here? The seemingly young man asks in his mind as he stomps through a thick forest. I want you to grab one of your toys for us to use later. A deep voice rings back in his head.

I just want to find a place to hide alone until HE is ready to take me from this world. The young man states back flatly. He is still walking through the forest heading in the direction the other voice wants him to.

Now, Now that won't do at all. The deep voice says. The man cries out and grasps his head falling to his knees as tremendous pain bursts in his mind. After several minutes of pain it finally relinquishes. Now get up and get moving. The young man slowly stands up and starts walking through the now dead trees surrounding him.

After another hour of walking he is still so distracted in his thoughts that he does not sense the magic being thrown around, or the danger emanating from just in front of him. "Watch out!" a female voice screams. He is stunned into stopping in his tracts, his head snaps up looking in the direction the voice came from. He is in a clearing. About 100 feet across from him is a human with a twisted smile on his face. The man starts to cast a spell at the stunned young man. Just as the dark mage is about to let the magic loose a young woman jumps in front of the young man. The blond snaps her whip out and it slaps the dark mage's hand interrupting the spell. "Are you OK?" she asks the young man over her shoulder.

No, No you are too close to me! Get away from me! He screams in his head. He starts to try and back up but drops to his knees grabbing his head once again as the pain starts to build.

Heh Heh Heh the other voice in his head starts to laugh. The young woman turns to him as he falls and cries out in pain. Before she could reach out to him a thick black wave rushes out from the young man. It wraps itself around her, she gasps as the wave touches her. It makes her bend over as her stomach clenches in pain making her sick. She hears a cry behind her. She turns around to see where her enemy is and watches as the black wave hits him. As the wave touches the man he collapses in pain, falling face first down on the ground his hands grasping his chest. In a matter of moments the wave was gone. She hears a soft thud behind her. When she looks back she sees the young man collapsed on the ground. She rushes over to him, feels for a pulse and sighs softly when she feels his heart beating softly.

Lucy

"Good! He is alive." Lucy says out loud. 'But now what am I going to do. Town is a long ways away. There is no way I can carry him that far.' She looks back down at the collapsed man. He's face first on the ground. He was wearing a long-sleeved black jacket, and black slacks. He did not look as big physically as Natsu but he did not seem skinny either. His messy black hair was long enough to cover his eyes. He had a handsome face though he definitely looked like a teen, maybe 19?

"Princess, can I be of assistance?" Virgo asks as she appears next to Lucy.

Lucy smiles at Virgo and says, "Yeah that would be great! This guy stumbled into my fight with the dark mage and he passed out. Can you help me get him back to town?" Virgo nods her head to Lucy, picks up the young man, and heads back to town. Lucy looks back at the body of the dark mage and shakes her head. 'I don't know what happened but his magic saved us.' She then ran to catch up to Virgo.

Zeref

Not again! Zeref cries out in his mind as the black wave rushes out around him. As the wave hits the young blond woman she bends over in pain. Then something that has never happened in his long life happens. She starts to glow, a brilliant white light emanates from her body forcing his eyes closed. After a moment the light starts to fade. Blackness and peace fills his mind as he collapses unconscious.

Zeref slowly comes back to consciousness. Before he opens his eyes he realizes that he is not on hard ground but something soft and warm. Where am I? Slowly he opens his eyes and looks around. He is in a building of some sort in a soft bed. His eyes snap fully open and he sits up quickly. Oh no I'm in an INN! That means people. As he thinks this he starts to feel all the life forms around him in different types of activity.