Chapter 11

[Yo this is my longest chapter yet so y'all better find a chair and sit yo ass back down 😜]

Luke's POV:

It was around 7:30 when Michael and I were in the middle of watching TV and both got a text message from our group chat:

Ashton: "Come to our meet up spot. NOW!"

Michael looked at his screen, concerned. "Seems to be about something important. You think he's okay?"

"I don't know, I hope so!" I grabbed my car keys and we rushed out the door. Paige and Elena both arrived at the park around same time we did.

"Do any of you know why Ashton called us here?" Paige asked, but none of us knew.

"I guess we'll find out now." Michael was about to enter the park but Elena stopped him.

"Hold on, shouldn't we wait for Alexa first?"

"She should be here soon, we'll wait for her over by the rock and then once she gets here Ashton can say what he wanted to." I answered, and they all agreed.

We jogged over to the rock and saw Ashton sitting there with his head down.

"Ash we're here." I called out to him. "We just have to wait for Alexa."

He didn't respond right away and as I got closer I realized there were tear stains on his cheeks and he was shaking.

"Alexa's not coming." he mumbled

I was getting worried now. "Why not? What's going on why are you crying? Ash...what happened?"

Ashton started shaking harder and crying again and that scared me even more. After a while he finally answered me but I wish he hadn't.

"Alexa's dead."

I immediately felt my stomach drop and all of us froze. "What?! Ash please tell me you're kidding. Fucking tell me that's just a joke!" I can already feel my tears starting to form.

"It's not." he sniffled at put his head in this hands. "Her cousin Bethany just called me, hysterically crying. She said Alexa dropped her hair dryer in her bathtub and electrocuted herself."

"No no no no no this is not happening! This is not happening!" Michael yelled

I can feel my head spinning as I tried to comprehend what I just heard. I was ready to collapse any minute now and I started crying along with everyone else.

"Bethany believes it was either an accident or suicide, but I think we all know the answer to that." Ash turned to look at me. "You made us play with that board, Luke. You're reason this happened to her! I don't know about you but I don't think Alexa would intentionally do that to yourself. Especially after just being paid!"

This all my fault I'm never gonna forgive myself for this I'm so fucking stupid. Ashton had feelings for Alexa and he's never had the chance to admit them to her, so I can tell this is really hitting him hard. Two of my best friends have been killed in the time span of only a week and I hate to know that I'm gonna lose more soon. "God I feel fucking awful I'm so sorry guys!" I couldn't stop crying at this point.

"This is proof that we're not gonna get away with messing with that board. That 'Momma' spirit or whatever her name is is coming for us like Caleb said! Or it could even be Caleb himself!" Elena cried

"Alright calm down guys." Paige spoke up "Don't get mad at Luke."

It made me feel a little better to see her stick up for me until she added "Now he realizes how much of a fucking idiot he is for not listening to Calum when he warned him about the board, and hopefully he's learned from that and won't do anything else stupid during his last few days."