Chapter 1

"Relax, Luke. It's just a silly little game..."

Nine Years Later....

Calum's POV:

"It is not just a silly game. You brought this upon yourself! Everything that has been happening to you is your own damn fault! How could you be so stupid?" I thought to myself. "You're fucking 20 years old. You shouldn't still be letting your curiosity get the best of you!"

I was currently sitting in front of the burning fireplace inside my house with the Ouija board on the floor in front of me.

There's a reason I'm in this position right now. A lot has happened since the last time I've seen this board. I've grown up, graduated high school, and was now in college with some really great friends including Luke, Michael, and Ashton. I also have a girlfriend of a little over a year named Elena who is literally the most amazing person in the world. Luke and Michael share an apartment together, and I've recently moved into Ashton's, just a few buildings over.

About 2 weeks ago, I came by my parent's house to pack some things from my closet to move to the apartment. I was cleaning it out, trying not to get knocked over by an avalanche of junk, when I saw the Ouija board. The memories of me finding it in the attic and showing it to Luke were all coming back to me and I smiled at the thought of them. I couldn't believe I'd forgotten about it for this long.

I really wanted to try it out finally but I knew there was no one who'd be willing to do it with me. So I decided to play alone, thinking "I don't see what's so wrong about being by yourself. It's probably just a myth." But I was wrong!

I did the whole procedure on summoning the spirits and seemed to contact one named Caleb. He sent me a message and it freaked me out so much to know I was actually talking to a ghost that I immediately said goodbye, finished packing, and went back to the apartment without bringing the board with me. I went back to school for a week and tried not to think about it. When I was let out for a holiday 4 days ago, I suddenly felt the urge to use it again to find out more about this 'Caleb' spirit. I knew it was dangerous but of course I let my curiosity get the best of me again.

Since I was already planning on staying at my parent's house for the first part of the holiday, I took that as my opportunity to use the board again. I summoned Caleb and he started sending me negative messages and kept telling me to run because his "momma" was coming for me or something like that. I didn't even look through the planchette to see if I can see him. I just remember quickly moving the planchette to 'Goodbye' and agreeing that this time I was definitely done using the board.

But for the past 4 days, strange things have been happening. I keep feeling like there's someone watching me constantly, and sometimes I'll even sense what feels like a cold hand running down my back even though no one's touching it. Red scratches have been appearing on my arms and legs that come out of nowhere. When I look in mirrors I briefly see what looks like the figure of a young boy, but before I can confirm it, it disappears. At night I've been seeing shadows shaped like a person on the walls of my house but they don't belong to anyone. My family doesn't seem to notice them, only I do. While I'm in bed, objects start randomly falling over or flying across the room. I keep hearing whispers in my head that sound like "You shouldn't have played alone" Or "Momma is coming for you" and that freaks me out more than anything. I've been avoiding friends since this started happening cause I haven't been able to think straight and I don't want them to question the scratches on my body or why I'm acting different. This was all my fault. I'm so stupid for thinking Ouija boards were just fun little games.

If I let this continue, I might just go insane. That's why I'm in sitting in front of my fireplace right now. I am fucking burning this satanist piece of shit so all this haunting can stop, life can go back to normal, and I can be mentally stable again. My parents were currently at some party and Mali was out with her boyfriend so I was thankfully alone, with no one to question me on what I was doing. I slowly moved the planchette to 'Goodbye'