16

Simon's P.O.V.

-After the Call from Tobi-

"I would love that." I said as I hung up.

"Who was that?" Ethan asked as he walked into the room.

He had just taken a shower.

"Tobi." I said a little hesitant.

"Tobi?" He questioned in shock as he sat down next to me.

"Yeah." I said still a little confused myself.

"What did you guys talk about?" He asked as I looked up from my phone and looked at him.

"About Josh, Tobi knew he was sick. The weird part of it all was I felt as if he was with Josh. Like Josh told him to call me." I said as he furrowed his brows.

"What makes you think that?" He asked obviously thinking that I was crazy.

"Just the way we spoke. He seemed so sure that Josh still loved me. I just felt like his presence was there, you know? I know it sounds stupid, I do, but I just got all of these weird feelings. I think he's with Josh." I said as Ethan just gave me a questioning look. 

"Well then, let's go to our right and get on a flight." Ethan said laughing.

"Looks like we're going to New York." I said smiling.

"Looks like." He said as I hugged him, "you okay?"

"Thank you, thank you for all of this. Thank you for coming on the journey, thank you for following me even though this may be crazy. Thank you." I said crying into his shirt.

"Simon, I will always help you find your way back to him." He said rubbing my back.

-the next day-

"Mum, we're leaving!" I yelled as she ran from the kitchen and came to the door where Ethan and I were stood.

"Just make sure that you are making the right decision, okay?" She said as I smiled.

"I know mum, I love you." I said as I hugged her and we said our goodbyes as Ethan and I left.

"What time is our flight?" Ethan asked as we got into the car.

"I don't, five or something." I said as he just groaned and went to check his phone.

I just laughed under my breath and turned on the radio. Of course, that song stupid song came on, Say Something. I looked up at Ethan as he looked at me.

Say something, I'm giving up on you. I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you. Anywhere I would've followed you. Say something I'm giving up on you.

I felt my eyes start to swell up with tears as I listened to the lyrics.

And I, will stumble and fall, I'm still learning to love, just starting crawl. Say something I'm giving up on you. I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you. Anywhere I would have followed you. Say something I'm giving up on you.

"Simon..." Ethan said as he turned off the radio.

I broke down in tears thinking of losing Josh. Thinking of watching him slowly die and how I could do nothing about it. Thinking about how majorly I fucked up.

"I....I can't lose him Ethan." I said as the tears started to pour down my cheeks.

I was breaking on the inside.

"Don't you dare say that. We are going to New York and you are going to see the love of your life. It is going to be something out of one of those stupid fanfictions or even a romantic film. One of those truly unrealistic scenes where the two boys see each other after a long time and the music starts to play. You'll both look at each other, your eyes a glossy red from the tears and you are going to run up to each other and have the most romantic, most passionate, most gorgeous kiss. It's going to be perfect. Okay?" He said as he hugged me.