10

Simon's P.O.V.

My mum came home and we had found absolutely nothing. The only thing that could possibly be the clue was maybe the envelope. But why would my mum keep it from me?

"Hey mum, has anything from Josh come in the mail at all?" I asked as she shook her head.

"Not that I know of." She said and I could tell she was lying.

"Why are you lying to me?" I asked as she shook her head.

"I'm not lying, I can't believe you would accuse me of that." She said as I just shook my head.

I unlocked the door and grabbed the note.

"Then what is this?" I asked as she just looked at me in shock.

"Why are you looking in my office?" She asked as she grabbed it from me.

"Because I'm worried about the love of my life. Why are you keeping this a secret from me?" I said as she walked away.

"Because, I'm trying to protect you." She said as I shook my head.

"You aren't protecting me. Give me the letter." I said as she looked up at me.

I knew that, that was harsh for my mother, but Josh is my everything.

"Fine, just don't go crazy." She said handing me the letter.

I opened it up and took out the letter.

Dear Simon,

This is going to your mum's house because I wasn't sure if I should directly send this to you or not. I just want you to remember that I love you and that I don't want to hurt you. I don't want to see you in pain because I'm in pain. I don't want to hurt you. I don't want to see you hurt because I might be hurting. So here it goes,

I have cancer, kidney cancer to be exact. I found out about a little while ago, that's kind of why I left Freya. I came back thinking that everything would be okay. That I could fight it, fight it for you. I did, I did fight and I tried so hard but my body couldn't do it. My body was slowly breaking and I couldn't do anything about it. I would wake up in sweats and try to not wake you up so that I could go and throw up in the toilet. I couldn't do it anymore and it felt like the best option was to leave. I probably left on the worst day, but it was the only time that I could think of. I'm now in remission, but I can't tell you where I am, not just yet.

I want you to know that I love you, I love you with all my heart, but you need to move on. I don't know how I'm going to do, but it's hard watching the person you love in pain and I can't imagine seeing you in pain because I am. You need to move on Si, and I know you may not want to but in all honesty it is probably your best option.

If you still want to fight, and you still got might. Go to your right and get on a flight.

Love,
Josh

I looked up as the tears started to pour down my cheeks.

"He's sick?" I asked as my mother nodded and came over to hold me in her embrace.

Ethan grabbed the letter and I could tell he felt the same way I was feeling. But what I didn't know, was do I have the might? Do I have the might to see the boy I love most in pain? I don't know anymore. Maybe he's right, maybe it's time for me to move on.

~~~~~~
A/N: look at that we made it to chapter ten!!! Sorry this upload is so late, I ended up uploading my other book twice and then I had to film for YouTube and then I had technical difficulties with my internet, but I got this chapter out for you guys because I love you. So yeah, that's all bye!