- four -

"No, I didn't finish my fucking homework." I snapped as I sat down beside Josh, again. He quickly snapped his mouth shut, frowning. I ignored the hurt that spread across his face, I felt bad enough as it was. 

"What happened to you?" Pete snorted from beside me, raising an eyebrow. I slowly turned my eyes on him, squinting. 

"None of your business, Wentz." I snapped back, turning back towards Josh, who had his eyes lowered. I sighed softly, scooting closer to him, so I could hug him. He raised his head the slightest to smile at me.

"What's up with you?" I asked softly, cocking my head to the side. He shrugged in my arms, moving a hand to quickly cover up a piece of paper. Though he was clearly trying to hide it, I held my hand out, beckoning for the slip of paper. After a hesitant moment, he handed it over.

"You want me to take this down to Tyler?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him. Automatically, Josh lit up, a smile gracing his lips. He nodded vigorously, so I pulled away from him, folding the slip of paper in half. 

"Alright, will do. I gotta go...tell Brendon good morning, anyways." I decided that was a good enough of an excuse to go down there. Josh nodded slowly, flicking his wrist to dismiss me. I rolled my eyes at his behavior, but never the less, I turned on my heels to start towards the table. 

"Isn't my boyfriend a cutie?" Brendon blurt out as I approached the table. I pulled a disgusted face, shaking my head in disbelief. He started towards me, but I didn't stop to wait for him, I brushed right past him without a care. I was here for Tyler, after all.

I found Tyler reading at the other end of the table, beside Dallon. He looked up at me sharply as I came over, tightly hanging onto his soccer ball. I raised an eyebrow at Dallon, but didn't say anything, simply dropped the note in front of Tyler's nose, smiling triumphantly as it landed on the pages of his book.

He looked up, smiling, "Josh?" He asked. I nodded in confirmation. I turned to start walking away again but Tyler, again, grabbed my wrist. I slowly turned around to face him, raising an eyebrow in curiously.

"Here, to thank you." He murmured, and within seconds, he'd closed my fingers around a dum-dum sucker. I smiled gratefully, brushing my hair back. "Thanks man." I quickly said, dipping my head. Again, I turned to start away, tugging at the wrapper of the sucker. It appeared Tyler always kept suckers with him. Not that it bothered me any. 

I had only gained a few steps before Brendon stepped in front of me, greeting me with a quiet, repeat of my name, to gather the attention he already had from me. I grunted softy, taking a step back so I wasn't so close to the pig. Then, I stuck the sucker in my mouth, raising my eyebrows at him.

"Ryan, Ryan, I have a question. Well, it's more of an invitation." He said quickly, stuffing his hands in his pockets. He appeared to be avoiding my eyes, looking any where but my eyes. He looked nervous, almost. I chuckled softly in spite of him. 

"Are you asking me out, Urie?" I asked, my chuckling continued on after the heat rose to his cheeks. I gave him my patience, popping my hip out to the side as I rest my hand against it. I stuck the sucker my mouth, swirling my tongue around it.

Brendon finally focused his eyes on me, eying me for a few minutes before speaking up again, "U-Uh, yeah! Of course, that's what good boyfriends do. I'm inviting you to a soccer game." He said, puffing his chest out. I assumed he was gaining confidence.

I paused, before slowly nodding in acknowledgement. I pulled the sucker out of my mouth, looking at it instead of Brendon. "Your game?" I asked curiously, cocking my head to the side. I stuck the sucker back in my mouth, sucking on it rather loudly. I took note of the way Brendon appeared to intently be watching me. Yes, I was teasing him. Yes, it was delightfully entertaining.