- three -

I carefully flopped all my stuff down on the table next to Josh, which happened to startle him, as he jumped three feet in the air. I simply smirked, scooting onto the seat. He raised up a sheet f paper, dangling in front of my nose. 

"Did you do your homework, Ryan?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. My lips curved into a smile, but my head shook in reply. He groaned, reaching over to grab his binder, and shove it in my direction.

"That's not how best friends greet each other," I teased, shaking my head again. Josh simply rolled his eyes, returning to his phone, which he'd originally been focused rather deeply on. With one quick peek, I could tell he was stalking Tyler's instagram. As I jot down the right answers for each question, I spoke up about it.

 "Why don't you just approach the boy?" I asked, glancing at him again. Josh turned to give me a hard look, shaking his head with his bottom lip stuck out.

"I can't do that, he's ranked higher than I!" Josh gasped, shaking his head. I frowned, before remembering; Josh didn't know that relationships didn't technically effect the cliques. Oh well, he'd find out eventually, due to the little game Brendon got me caught up in. 

"Hey Ryan, hey Ryan!" I looked up in time to catch Patrick running over, it appeared he'd been at the "cool" kid table. I raised an eyebrow, turning around as they finally bounded over. He stopped in front of me, his breathing heavy, but a big smile on his face. 

"Brendon wants you. He says you need to give him attention." He insisted, pointing behind him. I followed Patrick's finger to where Brendon was standing, staring at me with a smirk. I pursed my lips, adjusting my sitting position the slightest. What did he want with me? 

"Thanks..I guess?" I frowned, standing up. As I made my way over there again, I couldn't help but notice how Jon was staring at me from the corner of the cafeteria. Today he appeared to be wearing a skirt, a frilly skirt and more of a flowery top. It was strange, but interesting. I assumed Jon was a cross dresser. 

As soon as I reached the table, Brendon tried to reach out and grab me. I easily side-stepped out of his way, grabbing the table and sitting down beside..Kenny. He gave me a questioning look, but didn't say anything. I smiled at the grunt of frustration from Brendon's mouth behind me. 

"What're you doing here?" Dallon hissed from across the table, raising an eyebrow. He was balancing his chin on a soccer ball. I shrugged, supporting my face with my elbows as I met his gaze. It was a stare down, until Brendon walked around the table and bopped the soccer ball from under Dallon's chin. 

"What the-" He fell forward, slapping his chin on the table. "Brendon, you ass!" He snapped, rubbing his chin as he turned to glare at Brendon. I simply grinned in amusement at their exchange. It was Dallon's turn to get back at Brendon, so he stood up, smacking the back of Brendon's head. Wow, shit was going down. 

Hint the sarcasm. 

I easily got bored at their fighting, so I turned to Kenny. "So." I began the conversation, leaning against he table edge. Kenny glanced at me for about .2 seconds before snorting, rolling his eyes, and turning away. I frowned, but didn't take much offense of it. Although, I could faintly hear whispering between Kenny and Brendon, once Kenny grabbed Brendon's arm.

Finally, Brendon addressed me. "Ryan! Aah, you're here," He confidently walked over to stand behind me. Now that he was standing there, paying attention to me, I finally gave a fuck about how I appeared to others, and straightened up. 

"I wanted to talk to you about something." He murmured, quickly sliding down onto the bench beside me. I turned to him, cocking my eyebrows at him. He leaned one elbow on the table, a smirk crossing his face. I was honestly unimpressed by his antics.