Chapter 1: Persuade Hermione Granger

He buttoned up his white sleeve, and tucked it in his black silk trouser. He fixed the black neck tie around his collar and put on the black coat. With a shining black shoes and black case, he spray the perfume across his body before grabbing his wand and putting it inside his pocket.

Draco Malfoy said goodbye to his mother and apparated outside their Manor toward the St. Mungos Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. He goes straight to the office of the head Healer.

"Mr. Malfoy, have a seat." Mr. Vienn gestured to the armchair in front of his table. "I see you have a potential of becoming a healer according to your N.E.W.T's." He said.

Draco nodded with a sincere smile on his lips. "However, we are strict in terms of hiring a healer. He or she must have a certification of six months training." Mr. Vienn said while playing with the ring on his finger.

"Oh, I am very willing to take the six months training sir, if you will." Draco said with full determination. His mother was relying on him because after the second wizarding war, his father was sentenced a lifetime imprisonment in Azkaban with the exclusion of him and his mother. Harry Potter told the ministry about how he passed his wand to him and how his mother lied in front of the dark Lord for Potter's fake death.

"Very well, now take this." Mr. Vienn handed a brown envelope to Draco. "She will be your first patient."

Draco opened the envelope, he almost drop all the papers in the floor as soon as he saw the picture. It's Hermione Granger, but the photo was obviously taken secretly. Hermione was sitting in an armchair with her wand on her lap, she's wearing a black cloak and there's a trace of terror and madness in her face, her eyes were fixed on the door, ready to attack at any moment. "S-she's Granger sir.. B-but.." Draco continued reading the paper.

"As you see, Miss Granger is suffering an emotional breakdown, I must warn you. She became really dangerous now, it's very difficult to approach her without getting hexed or injured." Mr. Vienn explained.

"B-but Sir, pardon my question but, how do you expect me to take care of her? I mean, if you're not aware, we loathed each other during our school days. And besides, I'm sure her friends Potter and Weasley are there to look after her." Draco said with puzzled expression across his face.

"Mr. Potter and Weasley are both taking an Auror training in Africa, they failed to persuade Miss Granger to come out of her house to continue her life. Hermione lost her parents, when she sent them in Australia before the war she didn't know that the muggle flying vehicle they're riding crashed on the pacific ocean. Then, just after she found out the news about her parents, Mr. Weasley dumped his relationship with her." Mr. Vienn said.

Draco was in an utter shock about this information, he didn't know how much pain would that cause to a person. In his opinion, it's okay if his father was gone as long as his mother is safe and alive. "S-so.. What do you want me to do Sir? I mean, you said she became dangerous and she might hurt me the moment I step inside her house."

"Yes. And your task is to pull her out of her misery and bring back the old Hermione Granger. She has a potential to be the next minister of magic and Kingsley gave this to me and you're just in time Mr. Malfoy. I was thinking you'll accept the challenge because I know what you're family are facing now." Mr. Vienn grinned.

Draco paid for the damage they family cause, there were only few galleons and sickles left in their vault. His mother cannot work anymore and he won't let her anyway. So he need to become a healer, badly.

"Fine. I will take it." He stood up and offered his hand to the head healer.

"Very well Mr. Malfoy." He shook his hand and gestured to follow him.