Chapter 42

16 hours earlier

LUKE'S P.O.V

As I open my eyes, I stretch my arm across so I can snuggle up with Isis. I place it on the other side I see its empty with no one on that side. I got out of bed to check if she is with Mary-Jane. When I reach to the room there was no sign of her there. My heart is beating fast as she isn't here. I ran down the stairs to see a pair of keys on the door mat. I pick them up and ran into the kitchen because she might be my making breakfast. An empty kitchen, no smell of food or anything. Am I dreaming? Wake up, she is still next to on the bed. This isn't dream though, this real. One place left is the living room. I walk into the room to see no one in there. As I was about to leave a note attached to a DVD caught my eye. It read "play this". I put the DVD in the Tv as I pressed play.

I sat on the sofa, watching the tv carefully as Isis appears on the screen. My mind is going crazy but my heart is breaking.

"Luke, you probably just woke up finding me gone. I'm so sorry it had to be this way but first I need you to do something" She pauses before saying anything else, I nod even though she can't see me. "In the back garden there is a sign saying sold get and put it up in the front garden, I shall explain afterwards"

I paused the DVD as I went to do what she said. It reminds me of the time in London when she came up with a plan and she told me to trust her. I've always trust her and her plans because they always work also because I love her. I got back to carry on playing the DVD.

"Trust me when I say this. You did that to make it look like your moving which means the 3 people that are trying to hurt us will go away plus to find me. I'm sorry. I love you Luke forever and ever" Isis bursts into tears. I want to hold her tight and not let go. Why is she sorry?

"In my hand is plane ticket to go any where, by the time your watching this I'm already on a plane. I'm leaving you to protect you from them. I remember the day you told me our song, I listened to the lyrics.

To me it means that if the stars are above I will always love you, as long as you breath I will always love you. By keeping the stars above you, I have to leave make sure you and MJ are safe.

I have got you a Christmas present its 1D tickets because I know you like them and MJ has a hand made music box but its very special.

I've transferred all my money into your bank because I don't need it. I left my phone but took my memory card. I left my clothes here and I took $50 with me. "

"Please, please let MJ know the truth when she grows up, if she asks tell her. I can't believe I won't be able to see her grow up. It's not my choice to go but if I stay someone can get hurt ad don't want that to happen.

Luke if you move on, don't feel guilty because MJ deserves to have a mother figure in her life but make sure she remembers me. MJ is the best thing that happened to me. I love you, Luke and for me, you have changed my life, I mean I could still be having fights but you stop me. I know I won't be able to move on because my heart would break to much. I love you Luke, please don't forget me and if you ever get into a lock down look in MJs eyes because you need to be brave for her. I love you, I love you MJ. If you need help call Johnny.

I will love you forever and always"

I watch as tears fall down my face. I see Isis' face red from all the tears, she hasn't stopped crying once. My heart is broken shattered. I can't breath I need to get out of the house. As I walk out of the house, I fall to my knees crying.

"Isis" I whisper to myself while tears fall down.

I turn to see a flower pot. Without thinking I picked it up smashed it on the road, letting my angry drain out of me. I hear Beau shout at me but I ignore him.

I kept kicking the broken the glass from the plant pot. I look at the broken glass which represents my broken heart.

"How could she be so selfish to live me and Mary-Jane?" I scream out loud.

"Luke, calm down" Beau says grabbing my arm as I stare at him.

"She's gone, she left me" I cry out to him as I fall to my knees.

"Wait, Isis left you but the other day we were talking about your wedding and her eyes were full of love" He tells me as I cry out more because he said her name.

"She's gone and I won't be able to get her back" I croak out as my face is full of tears and snort.

"But why?" Beau curiously asks.

I stood up and lead him into the living as I play the DVD. As I watch it the second time I hear Beau cry silently. As I watch it again, I realise why she left. It was to protect me and Mary-Jane. She wasn't being selfish at all because she left everything to me and she gave up everything she loved to save.

"Shit" Is all I hear Beau say as he wipes the tears away. "Luke, she wasn't being selfish"

"I know that now, I can't let her go" I cry out to him.

"You have too. I mean she left you to save you but if you go back to her it would put you in danger" He said which was really wise.

"But she put herself in danger" As I say that it felt like a stab in my heart knowing Isis gave her life up for mine and Mary-Jane.

" Dude you need to find that music box?" Beau suggested as I went upstairs to look under the bed to see if it was there.

I found a brown box with Mary-Jane's name craved on the front with flowers at each of the corner of box. I ran downstairs to find Beau still there. He looks up at me as I sat next to me.

"It's beautiful" Beau gasps as I show him. "First wind it up then open it"

Slowly, I wind the box up before I open it. As I open the box I hear Isis singing. This Mary-Janes lullaby that Isis gave her. More tears fall down my face.

"I don't understand" Beau said in a confused tone.

"It's Isis singing the lullaby she gave to Mary-Jane" I sigh as I listen to her beautiful voice sing.

As I look inside the box I found at letter to Mary-Jane but on the back it read "Only to be open when she is ready". I will make sure Mary-Jane would read this because I don't want her to forget her mum.

"Beau, I need to find her" I say with a serious tone.

A week later

Its been a hard week with a broken heart. The amount of times I wanted to give up but I know I couldn't do that to Mary-Jane. I told everyone about Isis and they all understood. Beau has been helping me look for her which isn't going well as we keep getting nowhere.

"Luke just give up" Beau said which made me angry.

"Why?"

"She left to keep you safe and you won't be able to find her" Beau says with a sad tone.

"If I look hard enough, I will find her" I whisper to myself as I hear someone walk into the house.

"GUYS LISTEN TO THIS COVER" I hear Jai shout as he walks into the kitchen.

As he plays the song my heart skips a beat. Its her. Its Isis. Where is she? Wait, where did Jai get this from. Tears fall down my face as hear her sing. I look at Jai who is giving me a strange look. Does he not know its her because it is.

"She amazing right! She is number 1 all across the world" Jai said with amaze.

"That's Isis! Where is she?" I cry out to him as he gives me another weird look.

"This is Mystique not Isis, I'm sorry bro" Jai says looking away from me.

This can't be happening. That sound so much like her. It could be her, I swear to God I will find her again.

A/N THERE IS A SEQUEL CALLED - WHEN THE PAST COMES BACK...