Forty

"Thank you." Mark said to the woman as we walked through the terminal. My back was aching, and my legs were throbbing as we walked to Felix and Marzia.
"How was the honeymoon?" Felix asked, carefully taking my bag off my shoulder as Marzia handed me Jackson.
"It was great." Mark said, placing his hand on my lower back.
"Just great? You guys went to France!"
"It was amazing." I said.
"That's better." Felix patted Mark's back and Mark bit his lip and winced.
"You okay?"
"Yeah. I'm okay."
Felix nodded and we walked through the airport, some teenage girls noticing us and freaking out.
"Oh my gosh that's Markiplier!"
"Look there's Felix!"
"There's Anna!"
"Forget them, look at their baby! He's adorable!" We all waved to the group of girls and they screamed, making Felix laugh.
"I'll never be used to that." Mark said as we got in the car, buckling Jackson up and giving him his lion.
"He loves that thing."
"I think it's the green hair."
Marzia chuckled and looked into the mirror, staring at Jackson who was slobbering all over the lion.
"When do you guys plan on going home? You're welcome to stay with us for a few days."
"Thank you." Mark said, squeezing my thigh.

~~•••~~
"I'm going to go shower." Mark said, digging in his bag for a pair of clean clothes.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah I'm fine. Why do you ask?"
"At the airport when Felix touched your back, you acted like it hurt."
"Anna, you were pretty drunk but I'm sure you remembered what happened. The night we went to see the Eiffel Tower?" The night replayed in my head, I grinned and he smiled.
"See I knew that would make you remember. And I'm sure I'm not the only one sore." He said winking. He peeled off his flannel and threw it on my old bed, when he turned to walk to the bathroom , the trails of scratches that lined his back were bright red, making my eyes widen.
"That looks painful."
"It wasn't at the time." He said, winking again. "You want to join me? It'll save water." He said raising his eyebrows.
"We definitely don't want to waste water." I smiled and followed him into my old bathroom, everything still in the place I left it.
"I guess Felix never cleaned it up." Mark said, motioning towards the makeup lining the sink.
"Maybe he just misses you and wants it to feel like you're still here?"
"I lived with him for about three years before moving to California, and then three months before I moved back."
"You and him, that's a brother sister relationship I've never seen before."
"What can I say? We've always been there for each other, through it all."
Mark smiled and took off my jacket, his cold fingers tracing down my arms. His fingers hooked under my tee shirt and he raised it over my head, throwing it in the pile of his clothes. He kissed my shoulder as he unhooked my bra, letting it fall to the ground in front of us. I unbuttoned my jeans and slid them off, tossing them aside. Mark's belt clinked as he unbuckled it, pulling it out of the loops of his jeans and dropping it on the floor, making a funny face. 
"I could've definitely been on the movie Magic Mike." He said snorting.
"You think so?" He nodded and unbuttoned his jeans, kicking them off and taking off his glasses and setting them on the sink next to the mess of makeup. He turned on the hot water and took his boxers, getting in the shower and shutting the door, through the door, I could see him flinch under the hot water hitting his back. I took off my panties and stepped inside the shower with him. He started washing his hair, soap running down his chest and back, his skin glistening from the water trickling down his naked body. We switched places and I let the steaming hot water run down my aching body, Mark kissed my wet shoulder blade and traced his fingers down my back, making me shudder from the mixture of the steaming hot water and his cold fingers. I scrubbed shampoo into my messy blonde hair and washed it out, Mark was scrubbing conditioner in his hair, eyeing me up and down.
"What?" I asked, moving so he could wash his hair.
"You're beautiful, that's all." He said, closing his eyes as he ran his fingers through his hair, the soap running down his chest and arms.
"Anna? You in there?" Marzia asked, knocking on the door.
"Yeah I'm in here."
"Is Mark in there too?"
"He's in the shower."
"Oh, okay. Well– Erm, dinner is ready and Jackson just ate and Felix is putting him down."
"Okay." I said, squeezing my eyes shut. Mark giggled and started to wash my aching body, running the cloth over my hips, where you could faintly see the bruises from how hard Mark was gripping my hips only a few nights before, I grinned to myself as only vague memories filled my mind.
"Penny for your thoughts?" Mark asked, scrubbing his shoulder, the scar from Daniel caught my eye, and it didn't affect me the way I thought it would, which shocked me.
"Thinking about France."
"Oh is that so?" He asked, his eyes becoming darker.
"It's just crazy, I don't remember a lot of it."
"What do you remember?"
"I remember that you said you didn't care if I drank, and I drank a lot. I vaguely remember going back to the hotel."
"You don't remember the best part?"
"Bits and pieces."
"Why don't I refresh your memory?" He asked biting at my neck.