Nineteen

"Hello?"
"What the fuck is going on?"
"Felix, I don't want to talk about it."
Shane whispered that I could go to where he usually films his video if I wanted privacy.
"Anna you can't ignore this. You and Mark both have put tons of money into this short film and you're just going to throw it all away?"
"Seriously, that's what your concerned about? The money? No, 'Hey Anna, are you okay?' Because Felix, no I'm not fine. Get your head out of your ass and stop worrying about the fucking money."
"Don't cuss at me. The only reason I even found out you guys are taking a break is because I came by Mark's house and you weren't there, he told me you had went home. You never go home unless Mark is out of town. I knew something was up, and then you weren't home so I called Joey and he hasn't seen you. What's up with you lately?"
"Oh now you're concerned?"
"Screw you. You're not the only one with a lot on your plate. I don't care about your money nor Mark's. I'm concerned with how much money I've spent on this damn short film you insisted to make!"
"And now we're back to the money."
"God dammit Anna. Stop being such a bitch. Where are you? I'm coming to get you."
"No you're not. It's none of your business where I am."
"Oh I'll find you."
"And what? You'll kill me?"
"Jesus Christ, this isn't the time for these movie references."
I hung up the phone and quickly walked back to Shane.
"If Felix shows up here, will you tell him I'm not here?"
"Yeah but you better hide all your stuff."
"Good idea."
I gathered all my things and threw them in Shane's clothes hamper, piling the dirty clothes over my belongings. A knock pounded on the door and Shane paused the movie.
"Oh hey Felix."
"Cut the shit, is Anna here?"
"No, I haven't heard from her."
"Bullshit. Mark said you picked her up."
"And I haven't heard from her since I dropped her off."
"Where?"
"Her house."
"Just- if you see her, will you tell her to call me? Nevermind, I'll call her now."
My eyes widened because I knew my phone was on the coffee table. I'm busted.
"I'll see you around Shane. Sorry to bother you."
"Oh, it's fine. Let me know if you find Anna."
I heard the front door shut and lock and Shane walked into his room. 
"Be glad I grabbed this." He said, holding up my phone. "Why don't you want to see Felix either?"
"He's worried about the money we're all putting into this short film."
"That's shitty."
"I know. You better take me home. Before Felix calls the cops."
"Okay. I dried your clothes."
"Thank you."

~~•••~~
"Alright guys last scene. Anna, you good?"
"I'm fine."
"Action!"
I ran up the basement stairs, Mark on my heels, this is the scene we had to practice for days now. We couldn't get it right. Mark grabbed my ankle and I fell against the stairs, actually cracking my head against one of the wooden stairs. Everyone noticed but I didn't want to start the scene over, so I pushed through it. I groaned in pain and pulled my ankle free from his grip and ran up the stairs, slamming the door behind me. He beat against the door screaming at me.
"Open the fucking door!" He screamed. My shaky hands locked the deadbolt of the basement door and I searched frantically around the house for anything I could use, I grabbed the baseball bat and slid down beside the couch. I heard the door crack from him kicking it.
"Anna? Come out come out where ever you are. I just wanna play. I don't want to hurt you." He walked by and I hit in the back of the leg with the bat, causing him to fall on the ground and groan in pain.
"Little bitch!" He screamed, grabbing my leg and pulling me on the ground, the impact of the fall caused a picture to fall over and shatter on the ground. He straddled me and wrapped his hands around my throat, I gasped for air and tried to hit him in the face, my attempts were unsuccessful. Everything was getting dark and I wrapped my fingers around a piece of the fake glass and stabbed him in the chest, the darkness in his eyes left as he fell on the ground, chocking on his blood.
"I'm so sorry." I cried out, pulling his body on my lap, he ran his fingers down my face, leaving a trail of his blood down my cheek.
"I'm so sorry."
"I love-" He took one last gasp of air and he fell limp in my arms. All of my emotions escaped my body, and Felix took notice. I sobbed uncontrollably, matching the script perfectly.
"L.A.P.D.!" The door was kicked open and their guns were pointed to my head, the lasers aiming at my chest.
"Ma'am are you okay? Is this the killer." He said, pointing his gun to Mark's dead body. I nodded and he pulled me away from Mark's body, I screamed at them to let me go, only to be pulled outside and taken to the ambulance in the driveway. The paramedic cleaned my wounds and wrapped a blanket around me.
"Anna!" Jack appeared and I ran to him, wrapping him into a tight hug.
"I-I didn't know what else to do. He tried to-"
"Oh sweetheart." He squeezed me tighter.
"And cut! Flawless job guys! Anna are you okay? You took a nasty fall."
"I'm fine."
Mark walked towards me and I could feel the tension in the air, everyone could.
"Looks like we finished just in time for your panel. Good luck tomorrow." I turned on my heels and walked away, texting Joey and asking him if he could pick me up.

~~•••~~
  "You sure you wanna be alone tonight?"
"Yep. Being alone is all I want right now."
"Your head is bruised. Are you okay?"
"When Mark grabbed my ankle I hit my head on the step. I'm fine."
"No, Anna, that looks awful." He lowered the visor and I examined my head, it was a huge knot on my head, a bruise was already forming.
"I'll be okay."
"Put ice on that."
"I will. Thanks for the ride Joey."
He nodded and I got out and unlocked my door. Everything was still in its place but it didn't feel like home. I slid down the wall and all of my emotions had flowed out of me. Tears were streaming down my face and I was chocking out sobs. My phone vibrated and it was a text from Mark.
Hey, I know I'm the last person you want to hear from but I hope you're okay. You hit your head pretty badly I those stairs. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you.

Me; it's fine don't sweat it. I'm putting ice on it, I'll be fine.

Mark; It's not fine. You could have a concussion. You hit those stairs with a lot of force. We went over that scene dozens of times and that never happened. I feel as if its partially my fault. It was so hard acting like we were fine on camera and then to have to film the end scene, it was tough. I miss you Anna.

Me; like I said, it's cool. Don't worry about me, Felix, Jack, and you have that panel. You have to head out early in the morning. Go to sleep and stop worrying about me for once.

Mark; It's hard not to. I miss you...

Me; Four days isn't enough for me. I'm sorry.

Mark; Take all the time you need. I'll be waiting.