Twenty

I sighed and uploaded the video of the short trailer on my channel and promoted it on my Instagram. I'm glad that the fans don't know about the break, I would be overwhelmed with questions and false accusations. I put the ice pack back on my head and winced. It had been throbbing all night, which made it impossible to try and sleep, so I stayed up and watched Netflix and talked to Shane most of the night.
Felix; We're going on stage now, I hope you're okay.
Me; I'm fine.
Felix; You don't have to lie. It's okay to be upset, you have every right to be.
Me; Just leave it be Felix.
Felix; I met this Amy girl, she's really nice.
Me; Cool.
Felix; Don't be like that Anna.
Me; How would you feel if it was Marzia?
Felix; I trust her.
Me; So you're saying I don't trust Mark?
Felix; Damn it Anna. I gotta go.
I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair, I missed Mark dearly but I was still angry. And I hated myself for being angry.
Me; Mark, we need to talk...
I sent the message and got a reply almost instantly.
Mark; Definitely. I'll text you when I get out of here and we can meet somewhere? My house?
Me; That works.
Mark; How's your head?
Me; It's bruised really bad.
Mark; I'm so sorry.
Me; It's not your fault. Accidents happen.
Mark; Baby I miss you so much.
Me; I miss you too Mark.

                          ~~•••~~
  "Are we seriously arguing again?!" I screamed, pulling at my hair.
"You said we needed to talk. And now we are."
"Every time we argue you can't throw that in my face!"
"Where were you?!"
"Why does it fucking matter?!"
"Because Anna. Where were you?!"
"Shane's!" I screamed.
"You've got to be kidding me. So he lied to Felix then? Anna, he's walking on thin ice here."
"Shut up Mark. What are you going to do? Kick his ass? Yeah right. Grow up."
"You grow up! You disappear, tell Shane to lie to Felix and leave me thinking you're dead in a ditch somewhere!"
"Oh my god!"
"Anna, we can't fix this if you keep lying."
"I keep lying?! What about you huh?!"
"Why does it matter if I didn't tell you we texted?! I'm not interested in her!"
"For once, think about how I feel. Just go." I opened the front door and his face fell.
"Baby."
"Just go!" I screamed, tears rolling down my cheeks. He nodded and walked by me, I slammed the door and started sobbing.

                           ~~•••~~
"Anna you have to come get him."
"It's not my problem. He's with you and Jack. It's your turn to babysit."
"Anna he's drinking! A lot! You know he can't handle that."
I sighed and squeezed my phone until my hand was throbbing.
"Fine where are you?"
I scribbled down the address and prepared myself. I grabbed my wallet, which held my new license. It's been so long since I've been behind the wheel,
I don't know if I can do this. I got in the car and turned the key and the car roared to life, making me uneasy. I set up my phone on the dash and started recording to make me calm down.
"Hey guys. This is late but I'm actually getting ready to drive for the first time in years. I have to go pick up Mark because he's drunk."
I put the car in drive and took off down the road, checking my surroundings at least a hundred times. I took a deep breath as I turned right towards the bar.
"Well I'm here. I have to get Mark."
I stopped the recording and put my jacket on and got out of the car and walked inside the bar. The lights were dim and the place smelled like cigarette smoke and alcohol, it burned my nose as I walked by the full tables, everyone's eyes on me.
"Anna!" Jack screamed, relief washing over him.
"We don't know what to do." Felix said motioning towards Mark, who was taking shots like they were glasses of water.
"Mark." I put my hand on his shoulder and he jumped and turned around and looked at me.
"Anna." His arms wrapped around my waist and he put his face against my chest.
"I missed you."
"Mark come on. Let's go."
"Where are we going?"
"Home. Now come on."
He staggered past the tables, almost losing his glasses as he stumbled over someone's shoe.
"Watch where your going boy." A man growled at Mark and he turned his head.
"Excuse me?"
"You heard me. What are you going to do?"
Mark stepped closer to the man, his fist clenched.
"Mark, stop. Let's go." I said pulling on his arm.
"It's best if you listen to your bitch." He laughed and Mark swung at him, his first connected with his jaw and he fell to the ground, holding his mouth.
"Mark!" I screamed, trying to pull him away. The man stumbled back on his feet and he tackled Mark to the ground, they were punching each other and Mark managed to roll back on him, his fist connecting with his nose and mouth.
"Mark!" Felix screamed, pulling Mark off of the beaten man who was chocking on the blood pouring out of his nose.
"Hey! Cops are on their way!" The bartender growled.
"Take him to my car. Now." Felix and Jack nodded and I walked towards the bartender.
"How much is it going to cost for you to forget this?"
"How much you got?" I reached into my bra and pulled out a folded bill and slid it across the counter. The bartender looked around and slipped the bill into his pocket.
"The guy who beat him up, left. I didn't see his face but I know he had blonde hair." I winked at the bartender and hurried outside to my car, Mark was sitting in the passenger seat, his fist still clenched, his knuckles busted and already starting to bruise. I got back in the car and started it and Mark looked at my phone.
"Hello everyone my name is Markiplier." He slurred. "Anna came to save the day! " I rolled my eyes and backed out of the parking lot, and hitting the interstate.
"Can you take me to the store?"
"What could you possibly want from the store?"
"Bubble gum." He slurred and laughed.
"Fine." I pulled over at the gas station and walked in, walking down the isles of gum, grabbing a pack and walking to the register.
"Can I get a pack of cigarettes?"
"What kind ma'am?"
"Um just give me a pack of reds."
The man nodded and asked for my ID.
"Okay Anna Kjellberg?" I nodded and he smiled.
"My nephew loves your brother."
I smiled and walked back to the car, Mark was saying something to my phone and he jumped when I opened the door.
"Here's your gum."
He thanked me and shoved five pieces into his mouth and blowing bubbles. I shook my head and lit a cigarette, causing him to stop popping the gum and look over at me.
"Can I? Can I have one?"
"Mark, you don't smoke. And you're sure as hell not going to start now."
"You don't smoke either."
"It's been a rough week."
"You're not the only one."
I pulled out of the gas station and drove towards Mark's house.
"Please come inside." He begged.
"Mark, I can't."
"Yes you can. Come on." He said, sliding his hand up my leg, I bit my lip and squeezed my eyes shut. I sighed and unbuckled and got out of the car, heading to Mark's side and helping him get inside the house.
"Let me clean your hand up." I walked towards the sink and grabbed a cloth, dabbing it in water and walking back towards Mark. I dabbed at the dry blood on his knuckles and he winced and looked at me, our eyes locked and he ran his fingers down my face and leaned in towards me.