Ten

"What would your channel be about?"
"I think I'd like to focus it mainly on making new friends, making videos with other YouTubers, my brother and Mark included. I just finished filming with Shane Dawson."
"We've never heard an answer like that. If something were to happen to you, who would you let be over your channel?"
"That would be Felix."
"And if Felix isn't available?"
"Mark."
Mark smiled from the chair across me, Felix sat beside me, I could tell he was upset.
"Okay, there are a few suggestions we'd like to make."
"Okay."
"We'd like for you to post at least three times a week, what the videos are, that's your choice. We'll start payment by a hundred dollars per a hundred thousand views."
"Meaning?"
"Say you get 3 million views, that's three thousand dollars."
"My channel isn't that popular yet."
"Oh but darlin' it's getting there. You've gained three hundred thousand subscribers in a week. It's remarkable."
"Oh." Was all I could say.
"Now, that we've covered all of that, we'd like to ask you a few more questions."
"Ask away."
"What is your relationship with Mark?"
"We're friends."
"Anything more?"
"I don't know why?"
"Your video with Mark hit ten million views on his channel. The fans are gabsolutely eating it up. They love videos the both of you are in. We'd like to see more in your future."
I nodded and looked at Mark, who looked at the group of men and nodded.
"And last question, are you prepared to put some of your personal business on your channel? Your love life, your past, your childhood?"
"All of my business?"
"No, but some of it. Let's the fans really connect with you. You were in a car accident yes?"
My body tensed and all eyes were on me.
"Yes."
"Would you be prepared to talk about that?"
"Yes."
"Then it's settled. If you'd just sign this, we'll be all done."
"I'd like to read it first."
"That's perfectly fine."
I sat and read through the conditions and expectations of my channel, along with the rules. I sighed the contact with my shaky hand and slid it back across the table.
"Pleasure doing business with you. But one more important question."
"Yes?"
"I noticed that you're living with Felix, would you be willing to move?"
"Move where?"
"You said yourself you'd like to make videos with other YouTubers. Many famous YouTubers live in LA. Team Edge, Shane Dawson, Mark, Joey Graceffa, Tyler Oakley, Drew Monson. Would you be prepared to move to a different location?"
"What about Felix?"
"Felix would I assume stay in Sweden, he doesn't make many collab videos and still gets millions of views. We think your channel would be built off of collabs."
"I would be prepared to move to LA."
"Very well!"
I nodded and we all walked out of the building, I was drained.
"Why would they bring up the accident?"
"I don't know. I don't want to talk about it."
"They want you to move here."
"I'm aware Felix."
He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.
"How would that work? Do you even have enough money for that?"
"No, I only have a couple hundred dollars. My house didn't sell for that much."
"So what are you going to do?"
"I suppose stay in a hotel for awhile, make some videos and wait on the payments."
"That's no way to live."
"Do you have any better ideas Felix?"
We all stood in the middle of the parking lot, the sun beading down on us, we were all tired and agitated. Mark rubbed his now blue hair and looked up, deep in thought.
"I have an idea." He said.
"What would that be?"
"Why don't you move in with me?" Mark said grinning ear to ear.