Twenty Seven

I walked down the sidewalk, music blaring through my headphones, Joey had just left, and I decided to go on a walk. I felt full of energy, so I decided it was going to be good to get out of the house, enjoy the pretty day. My music halted when my phone started ringing. I furrowed my eyebrow in confusion, I didn't recognize the number.
"Hello?"
"Why are you walking alone? Where's your boyfriend?" I looked around, not being able to see anyone that stuck out.
"Who is this?"
"That hurt my feelings. How do you not remember me?"
"I think you have the wrong number."
"Oh, but I don't. I've been keeping up with you, going through your social media, I heard your pregnant by this Mack guy?"
"His name is Mark."
"Whatever, doesn't matter."
"What do you want?"
"You." The voice growled sending a chill down my body. Whoever this was, was using something to modify his voice, making my mind go blank with who this could be.
"Now, why don't you stay there and I'll come out and we can talk?"
"That's not a good idea."
"Oh, but it is." I clicked away from the call and turned on my location and sent Mark, Shane, and Joey a short text. 911 come get me. I started walking faster and I hung up, looking over my shoulder for this mystery person. My phone rang again and I sighed and answered it.
"Leave me the hell alone. My boyfriend is on his way, and he will kick your ass."
"I noticed he's pretty built, but I think I could take him."
"Fuck off." I hung up and my phone immediately rang again.
"Dude leave me alone!"
"Turn around." I turned my head and I saw the shadow of someone behind me and I took off running down the sidewalk, not even attempting to look over my shoulder, instead I watched the man's shadow creep behind me. My breathing was ragged as I raced down the sidewalk, pushing my legs to go as fast as they could. I took a turn down a street and took another turn and passed some children playing outside. They were giggling with delight and their laughs came to a halt as they watched me fly by them, the man on my heels. I screamed for someone to help me as I stopped in front of a chain link fence, I'm trapped. I looked around frantically and saw the shadow of the man behind me. I started climbing the fence and jumped down, ripping my shirt, but I was too terrified to care. I stumbled when my ankle gave out and fell on the concrete, my hands burned as they bled.
"You couldn't hide from me." I reached into my empty hoodie pocket and my heart sank. I dropped my phone when I climbed the fence. I got up and started running again, my ankle throbbing uncontrollably.
"Anna." The voice echoed down the small alley, my heart stopped when I realized that voice, the evil voice. I turned to see Daniel, his brown hair stuck to his face from how much he had been sweating.
"Daniel?! What the fuck are you doing?"
"Doing something I should've done a long time ago." He unbuttoned the sleeve of his shirt and rolled it up, laughing maniacally. I looked around for anything to help me, but a lump formed in my throat when I saw that I had nothing. He walked towards me, and I couldn't move, I wanted to run past him, but I knew I wouldn't make it.
"Not even going to try and stop me? Sweetheart, you're  a mess." He laughed, backing me against the wall. I screamed again, which pleased him.
"'No one can hear you. And no one is going to help you." A burst of what I couldn't distinguish if it was confidence or stupidity, but my fist connected with his jaw and I took off again, my legs were throbbing uncontrollably, my side ached as I took off down the same street I had just went through. I grabbed my phone and climbed over the fence and took a different turn, hoping to lose him. I turned a corner and he was there, he grabbed me and I screamed. He put his hand over my mouth and started pulling me down the sidewalk.
"I should've done this a long time ago." He said, shaking his head. "All you had to do was listen. But you couldn't do that could you? We were so happy Anna. So fucking happy! But you had to ruin that, that's why I started hitting you, because you wouldn't listen! That's all you had to do! It seems as if you don't listen to anyone, you didn't listen to me when I told you to leave Joey and Bryan alone. You didn't listen to me when I said not to visit Felix. However, I will give you credit for dropping out of school. It seems that I helped you meet Mark, do I get a thank you for that?"
"You don't get anything."
"I'm getting everything. First, I'm going to beat you senseless, then I'll go back to your house, meet this 'boyfriend' of yours, probably kick his ass, and then I will take your shit. And then we'll be even."
"Even? What are you trying to prove?"
"You kicked me out! I had nowhere to go! You left me, you know that you are not allowed to be with anyone but me. But what did you go and do? You get knocked up by some dork who makes money by screaming at a camera."
"Don't talk about him like that."
"Why can't I? He's not here, I can say whatever I want to about him." He tightened his grip on my arm as we walked down the sidewalk, I tried to pull away but he pulled a knife out of his pocket and waving it playfully.
"I wouldn't do that if I were you." He pressed the knife against my stomach and a sob escaped my throat.
"Understand?" I nodded and he put the knife back into his pocket. I heard the sound of tires squealing as Mark's car came to a halt, he opened the door and slammed it, approaching Daniel and I.
"Ah you're Mark!" He said tightening his grip on my arm, making it ache.
"Anna, who is that?"
"This is Daniel." His eyes became dark and he tried taking another step forward, making Daniel pull the knife out of his pocket again, holding it inches away from my stomach. He stopped in his tracks, staring at me.
"Don't." He breathed out.
Daniel laughed and grabbed a lock of my hair.
"Now, I'm going to take this bitch to my car, and you're not going to stop me."
Mark held his hand up, trying to talk him out of this.
"You don't have to do this, you obviously need help. We can get you help, just please, let her go."
Daniel moved his arm away from my stomach and Mark sighed with relief. It took all I had in me to pull away out of his grip, my hair being pulled out, and he pushed me and I tripped over the curb, falling onto the concrete. Mark lunged at him and they were fighting, my shaky hands dialed 911 as I watched Mark fight for his life.
"911 what is your emergency?"
"My ex boyfriend tried to kidnap me and now him and my boyfriend are fighting. He has a weapon."
"Ma'am we have your location. I'm sending some officers to you now."
"Please hurry."
The sirens screamed through the town, I heard them getting closer. My stomach was throbbing and my knees were scraped. Three squad cars pulled over, officers jumping out and screaming. Mark's fist connected with Daniel's face and he swung back, hitting Mark in the eye.
"Drop your weapon!" An officer screamed.
"Drop the weapon!" Daniel had his knife above Mark's chest, Mark was using all his strength to keep it from stabbing him.
"Sir! Drop the weapon or I will fire!" The knife impaled Mark and he screamed, the officer pulled the trigger and Daniel fell off of Mark.