Chapter 4

The Rathores
Ting-tong ting-tong.....
"I'll get it ,must be sameer" said Mrs.Rathore to Mr.Rathore as the doorbell rang.She was sitting in the livingroom by the window with her husband watching a dailysope crying her eyes out.Mrs.Rathore the lady of this household is a proffessor of chemistry.She's tall with dark brown eyes , slight signs of age can be seen on her face though, which nothenless added maturity to her charming personality.As to every Indian husband it felt irritating & annoying to Mr.Rathore. But when it came to tv serials he became helpless.This opportunity seemed to be one to switch to a sports channel.He is the man of this house.He worked as a senior Proffesor & HOD at the Delhi University,is tall with a wheatish complexion.He has a strict nature especially towards his children's studies.Otherwise he's the coolest dad ever.
''Wow !..they have got new plants the roses must be uncle's" admired Vishu looking at the lawn with it's new additions.Every time he dropped by, found something new & exiting which is why he liked most of his visits to this place.The house was a small two story duplex with dim lights litting the lawn & the balcony.At the front he can see the balcony of Sameer's room creamish white coloured with dark brown wooden doors which was like his second room since middle school's times.Adjacent to it was his Sister's room but with a smaller balcony which she always complained about .Wanted the one with bigger balcony.Her room was the only place of the house he never stepped in,or maybe just once during his stay at the time of Dipawali when his parents were out of town.He was there to readjust the room after the painting.Next to this small mid balcony was again a balcony exact that of sameer's in size.It was Mr. & Mrs. Rathore's room ,the master bedroom of the house.In the space paved for the vehicles in the right corner of the porch he recorded the absence of Sameer's blue Royal Enfield (which he loved over his life).
"Oh!he's not still home"he figured out.
Meanwhile Mrs.Rathore opened the door surprising herself by finding Vishu at their doorsteps.
"Vishu!"she exclaimed sort of said.
"Namaste! Auntyji"he greeted half confusingly not understand Mrs.Rathore's reaction after seeing him.But it took him no more time to understand why ,as his eyes cought the sight of the clock hung on the other end of the corridore making him aware that it's 2 past.Seeing his confused form she said while gesturing him with her left hand to come in
"Namaste!beta at this hour? Must be important I think.But Sameer's not yet home ,so you'll have to wait he must be on his way."half enquiring half figuring out she replied.Vishu steaped inside while answering Mrs.Rathore
"Ya auntyj I ....guessed that.Sorry that I crashed at this late hour".He apologised.
"It's alright Vishu,you are just as Sameer is to us.I was just just got worried."she said smiling.
Vishu reciprocated the smile.He saw Mr.Rathore slummped on the blue cloured sofa with silver & golden cousens.
"Namaste uncleji!How's your knee?is it better from earlier?"He greeted & enquired politly in a doctor's tone noticing the grimce on Mr.Rathore's face while getting up.
"Namaste Vishu!It's just like this pricky getting up."He answered geusturing the same by his hands.Vishu smilingly wrote some medications in a piece of paper which he picked up from Mrs.rathore's favorite sagoon wood table placed at the right corner of the room.
"Sindhu!"Mr.Rathore called out for his daughter who just came down to hang a new potrait she made in the corridore which was already filled with others she either made it collected ,making it beautiful indeed.
She's of good height with fair complexion inherited from her parents.Her features resembled that of her father's,her intellect surely came to her from her mother's side.
Her big dark brown eyes,pink-full beautiful lips,straight small nose,some what wavy dark black shiny hair & oval face cut all spoke her of relation with Mr.Raghav Rathore.He is her best friend,she shares everything with him, except what she can't.This made her mother envious of her father sometimes.
"Hello!Vishu bhai how are the preparations going?"turning she asked surprisingly noticing Vishu sitting on the sofa.
"Hello!It's a nice painting,can you
make one for the conference hall?"Vishu admiringly asked.
" Which college you think she'll plausibly get?"Mr.Rathore enquired.
"Don't worry uncle I think she'll get a good one."Vishu answered looking at Sindhu's painting,which had a scenery of a boy standing at a point of grand cannyon (generally shown on TV).
"Nice...."He admired standing up to take a look on her other paintings.
"Thanks!..."
Mrs.Rathore brought four cups of tea with some sandwiches in a tray from the kitchen,placed it on the centre table in front of them."oh !Thanks auntyji,....there was no need." Vishu said with a glimpse of guilt in his voice.
"Is Sameer always this late these days?"he asked picking up the tea cup thereby taking a sip.
"Hmmm,the work lately has increased in the unit"answered Mrs.Rathore with a sigh.
"Hey!you are already here buddy"exclaimed Sameer entering the living room with a stupidious but atitudesome smile on his face which Vishu reciprocated.He waved his hand in a 'hello' saying manner.
"Go freshen up have something & then we need to hit the roads."ordered Vishu.
"Okayzzz....jusssst gimme 30 minutes" bagged the ACP.
"May I please also come with you I had never been on the roads this late."asked Sameer's sister with clear glimpse of excitement in her big doe eyes.
"Ask yor parents if they are ok with it then."He answered.Sidhu looked at her mother & father with a puppy dog face & asked with a charming "pleaseeeeee.....".
"Sameer & Vishu are with her plus Vishu would had straight forwardly denied if it was some place she couldn't go".Mrs.Rathore though out loud.
"Ok!ok..go".permitted Mr. Rathore.
Sindhu at once ran to her room to get dressed.
#4:00 am:- Indira Gandhi international airport..
Parking the car the trio entered the waiting area of VVIP section of the airport ,creadit goes to ACP Sameer & Dr.Yoon.In the car both the siblings got the reason of Vishu's (& their) such urgent & early morning arrival at the airpot.Sameer also was surprised to know that, the friend Vishu talked so 'casualy' about, is actualy the son of Korea's President!Sindhu on the other hand was a bit less surprised as she heard about the arrival of the great cardiac surgeon Dr.Yoon who's supposed to be the star of the conference.One thing they surely don't know now that.....the person in question will change their lives & his too, indeed.....