Probation

Pairing: Jessica Lange/ Danny Houston 

Prompt: (52) "Can I kiss you?"

Requested by: @Rrec719

Commotion sounded threw the room as the door shut catching the attention of one person in particular.

"Jessie." Jane boomed across the room startling only one of the two people entering the relatively packed house. Jessica smiled over her shoulder as she felt Danny jump behind her griping her waist tightly in his grasp. A smirk crossed her lips and Danny looked down at her with a gaping mouth. She reached back to tap his cheek with her hand before stepping out of his grasp.

"Janie." she smiled wrapping her in a tight hug. "How have you been?" The two of them held each other for a moment as they exchanged pleasantries and Danny watched uncomfortably from the doorway. He removed his coat hanging it on the wall hook and cleared hit throat. Jessica glanced over her shoulder still listening to Jane. "Oh Janie, you remember Danny. You met in New York."

"Oh yes."Jane boomed again, making her way around Jessica to wrap Danny in a big hug. "Of course I remember him. Come in Danny don't be such a wall flower." Danny tensed at Jane's tight embrace and looked at Jessica with wide eyes. She laughed and shrugged her shoulders. Danny relaxed a little as Jane released her tight hold and settled for holding his biceps in her hands. "You are even more handsome than I remember." she smirked. Danny smiled letting out s huff of laughter. 

"Well thank you Jane you look very lovely this evening as well." he complimented. Jessica quickly stepped between them taking Jane's hands in her own.

"Alright, that's enough you two. Jane he's taken." she winked over her shoulder at Danny as he placed his hands gently at her hips. The party around them continued completely unaware of their entrance as George stepped around the corner and everyone made their way to the dinning room.

"Of course he is Jessie." she winked. "Come on we are about ready to eat." she turned for the dinning room letting Jessica's hand drop behind her as she joined the crowd again. Jessica turned to look at Danny and they both smiled. Danny moved his hands around her back holding her in his immediate space and Jessica placed her hands on his chest. 

"Aren't you glad you came with me?" she smiled. "My family is just a blast." her sarcasm was thick in her voice and she couldn't help but smile at herself. Danny laughed and moved in closer to her lips.

"Im very glad." he smiled only inches from her lips. Jessica stopped him before he could touch her.

"Uh-uh, Mr. Man." she scolded. "There will be no kissing or touching tonight. You are still on probation." Danny's face dropped in disappointment. "You have to behave and make a good impression." she straitened his collar and moved his hands from her back giving his a loving smile. "Now lets go sit down before they wonder where we are." She took his hand and they made their was to the dining room just catching the end of the crowd. 

Jessica chose two seats at the end of the table and Danny pulled out her chair. She sat with a smile giving him a soft 'thank you' in gratification and Danny sat next to her in silence. George walked behind them stopping for a moment to give Jessica a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Im so glad you could make it honey." he whispered as he held her hand on her shoulder. 

"I wouldn't have missed seeing my little brothers new house." Jessica emphasized sounding very southern. George laughed and moved to shake Danny's Hand.

"Good to see you again, Danny. Glad to have you my man." George smiled.

"Im happy to be invited. We'll have to get together for a beer sometime." Danny moved his chair to face him more directly as their handshake held firm. George gave him a pleased affirmation as they agreed to get together. He placed his hand on Danny's shoulder as he moved around the table to his seat. Jessica flashed Danny a quick raise of her eyebrows and pursed her lips before placing her napkin on her lap.