Just A Little Wine

Pairing: Jessica Lange/ Evan Peters 

Prompt: "Im pregnant."

Requsted by: LovelyJessicaLange

NOTICE: I put a bit of a twist into this prompt, I hope it is up to standards, but my brain would not allow me to write it any other way.

As the cast mingled together making plans for their end of week outing together a couple where missing from the group. Missing in all innocence but none the less missing. Evan and Jessica where down the hall way in the props room. Evan had asked for her help taking a few things back, in hopes he could talk to her alone.

They joked as normal placing things onto shelves and rearranging certain areas to fit everything together. Evan flirted as usual and Jessica smiled, laughing at his juvenile jokes. Not paying much attention to what he was doing, a box tumbled down to the floor with a clatter of glass. Jessica jumped gasping as it landed just in front of her.

"Shit." Evan muttered as she fumbled down the ladder he had been standing on. Jessica bent over to inspect the contents just as Evan met the floor. She pulled out two bottles of wine and one half empty from being cracked when it hit the cement.  She handed each bottle up to Evan she she pulled it from the box. Evan inspected them for a moment before smiling back at Jessica. "Well we can't let it go to waist can we." Jessica raised her eyebrow confused. "Here come one we'll share this one and take the other two out to the rest of them."

"No Evan I better not." Jessica smiled politely. Gabbing two glasses off the shelf Evan winked back at her.

"Oh come on Lange where is that wild girl at? I know shes in there." he waved the glasses under her nose before stepping away to rest them both on a filing cabinet closer to the door. Jessica followed him reluctantly and watched as he poured the red liquid into each glass. "Here." he slid one of the glasses across the mettle surface towards her.

"Evan really I can't." 

Evan eyed her peculiarly. "What do you mean Jessica, I have never known you to turn down a drink." again he pushed the glass. "Come on Jess its just a little wine."

Jessica pushed the glass back becoming annoyed now. "No, you wouldn't get it. Im not drinking."   

Evan tried again and again to get her to take the glass to no avail. To be quite honest he only asked her to help him in the first place because he wanted to be alone with her. He had a huge crush on her and wanted to ask her out. He flirted with her constantly and Jessica put it off politely as she usually did when men hit on her. Once she had punched him but that was a one time thing and she felt bad after. Now he was just getting on her nerves. His cute antics where getting old and she was about to loose her patience.

"Come on Jess just one drink." he prodded.

"I told you no. Now get off it." she snapped.

"One drink wont kill you."

That was it she had enough ten minutes of bantering and being nice and she was over it. "Im pregnant." she barked. Evan looked at her wide eyed. He was to say the least surprised and a little disappointed. 

"Y-you're what?" he stuttered.

"Pregnant." she stated flatly. "With child." she felt a little bad for barking at him but he just wouldn't back off. He knew she had been seeing their costar for quite some time but he never thought it would ever be serious. He really thought he had a chance to at least go out with her a few times. He stared at her for a moment, unable to speak.

"W-who's is it?" he already knew the answer but he figured he would ask.

"Danny's." she looked down for a moment a little afraid to say it out loud.

"Does he know?"

"Yes- he knows." she folded her arms across her chest, her go to defense mechanism. The two of them engaged in a staring contest, Evan staring in shock and disappointment and Jessica staring in guilt. She wasn't upset about being pregnant she was upset that Evan had to find out that way.

***

Down the hall in the main staging area the cast had come to a mutual decision, they had decided to go out to dinner and have drinks at the local bar. As they moved to disburse, arranging who would ride with who, they all laughed among themselves. Sarah who had been standing next to Danny turned to him before walking away with her group.

"Hey where did Jess run off to?" she asked.

"Oh she went to help Evan I think." he placed his hand on Sarah's back. "Ill go get her. we'll meet you there." he kissed her cheek and turned for the hallway. 

"Alright we'll be in the car tell Evan to get his ass out here." she laughed.

"Will do." Danny smiled at her usual humor. He made his way down the dark hallway to the props room door. There was a short hallway from the door leading into the open room. He could hear no noise coming from the room and was a little concerned. As the room opened up in front of him he could see Evan and Jessica locked in their staring contest.

"Everything okay in here." he asked. Jessica broke her stair to turn slightly towards him. Evan kept his eyes locked on Jessica as she looked over her shoulder at Danny. "We're about ready to go." Danny informed. "Sarah is waiting outside, Evan, you're riding with her and Kathy I think." he had the feeling he had walked into something very strange but he wasn't quite sure what. Evan glanced up at him and back to Jessica. He shook his head and moved away from the filing cabinet. He brushed past Jessica on his way to the door avoiding her touch.

"Evan." she tried to catch his attention but he was already on his way. He placed his hand on Danny's chest as he past not making eye contact with him at all, but keeping his eyes to the floor.

"Congratulations man." he stated half heartily. Danny raised his eyebrow watching him walk out the door. He looked back to Jessica who still looked over her shoulder her arms crossed tightly over her chest. She watched the door her face fallen in disappointment.

"What was that about?" Danny asked pointing his thumb towards the door. Jessica shook her head and looked down.

"It was nothing- don't worry about it." her voice was soft. Danny moved up behind her placing his hands on her biceps. Jessica relaxed back into him and he kissed her head.

"Did you tell him?" Danny whispered.

"Yeah." Jessica sighed. "He didn't seam to happy. Of course I wasn't very nice about it." Danny listened intently as he kneaded her arms in his hands.  "He kept trying to get me to drink this stupid wine and I snapped. He just wouldn't drop it." 

"It's okay honey." Danny whispered. "He'll get over it, don't feel bad." he rubbed her shoulders for a second before moving them down to her stomach. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah- im fine." she kept a soft voice almost inaudible as she leaned her head back onto him. Danny kissed her cheek and rubbed her stomach softly just under her bellybutton. 

"And what about our little girl?" he smiled. "Is she being nice to her mommy today?" his voice turned instantly to a whole new tone of sweetness, it made her heart melt. She smiled as he held her stomach.

"What makes you so sure it's a girl?" she asked.

"Just a hunch." he kissed her neck and hugged her tight. "You ready to go? We decided on dinner."

Jessica smiled realizing how hungry she was at the mention of food. "Mmm yeah we're starving." she hummed placing her hands over Danny's. He laughed kissing her cheek again, and taking a grip on her hips to turn her around. They shared a soft loving kiss and Danny smiled.

"Come on mamma lets go get some food in that little belly, it's gotta grow real big for our girl." Jessica smiled more content now than she had been in a long time.