It Was Sunny Today.

It was sunny today, and I decided to sit by the window.

I watched the clouds, and I wondered how it must be to never be stationary.

I thought of all the places they must see, a great deal more than me.

At first I thought it must be wonderful to be so high, and never being pulled to the land passing by.

But then I thought again that it must get lonely drifting through space, with just the sun to be your one and only.

It was sunny today, and I decided to enjoy the warmth.

I thought about the moon, and the stars, and how far away they seem.

I wondered how it must feel to be the one star who shines a little dimmer than the rest, even after he has done his best.

I thought about how it must be to seem so small, even after burning for millions of years to be seen by all.

It was sunny today for the first time in a while.

I thought about the ocean, and the sands upon its beaches.

I thought of what you must see in that shell you call a home, the one you carry with you to every place you rome.

I wondered how it would feel for the waves to crash upon the sands, only to carry them to new foreign lands.

I thought about the oceans and the sea and how big they are compared to me.

It was sunny today, and I found it hard to be sad.

It wasn't dark, and I knew somewhere there must be a lark.

It was sunny today, and I couldn't help but be glad.

I felt a part of myself being brought to life, that I have kept high on a shelf.

It was sunny today, and I thought I might be okay.

For once my smile was the truth, and even brought out a bit of my youth.

It was sunny today, and I didn't have to hide.

I felt the way people see me.

But today it wasn't a lie.

It was sunny today, and I decided to sit by the window.

I looked through the dirty glass, and for the first time in a long time I didn't see wind or rain.

I didn't feel the usual pain.

It was sunny today, and I decided not to think.

I decided not to think about tomorrow being cloudy or dark.

I decided just to be happy being me, even if it is just for today,

because it was sunny today.