Chapter 27 | Andrew Jones?

"She's drowning in herself again,
my God, what a lovely sin..."

Song: Killpop by Slipknot

≿✾✾✾≾

Anna's P.O.V

"Okay, so you graph the vectors together according to the given information and then use the Pythagorean's Theorem to find the hypothenuse which will represent the final velocity of the boat." I mumbled to myself as I tried solving my Physics homework.

"This isn't that hard." I circled the final result and closed my notebook, quite satisfied with myself.

It's been a few days since my first seance with Richard and my birthday party and things have been going pretty good so far.

I've been focusing on my school work lately seeing that I'll have to apply for colleges this year, I still have 6 months, but sue me for making plans ahead of time. Yes, I was a little young to be a senior, but I skipped a year when I moved to Australia based on an exam I had to take when I got registered in this school.

After getting done with my school assignments, I decided it was a proper time to think about Richard's idea of writing down my fears. I mean, I could try, I'll just take little babysteps.

I pulled out an unused notebook and opened it. Staring at the blank page, I let my mind do its thing. Let's start off with five and then see how this goes.

1. Darkness

2. Failure

3. Dissapointment

4. Loneliness

5. Death

My hand stopped writing once I wrote that last word. I stared at the paper contemplating wether I should rip it off or keep it with those words written on it. It took me a while to finally make myself stand up from the chair and close the notebook. I needed to make this work and the only way to do that is by being honest.

I looked up to the clock hanging on my wall. 10:30 P.M. Well, I guess it's time to take a rest. Pretty weird of me to be doing all of my homework and taking care of my health, but I decided not to think about that any longer for I was scared of getting tired of it this quickly.

I laid on bed and scrolled through Tumblr reblogging what seemed interesting to me. Being home alone doesn't really give much things to do, the house stays clean most of the time, I have no siblings to take care of and I don't get the chance to sit down and eat dinner with people asking me how my day was. It felt kinda lonely here and then, but I was used to it.

That thought made me realize how much I was missing my mom so I decided to give her a call. It ringed a few time before the answered her phone.

"Anna, sweety, what's wrong? Are you okay?" Her voice rushed in as soon as she answered. I let out a small and cheeky laugh.

"Hey mom, no everything's fine, just wanted to give you a call since I'll be going to sleep now and you propably won't come home early enough for us to have a talk." I replied.

"Oh, that's so kind honey, but what do you want to talk about?" She asked. I could tell she was still worried and carefully picking her words.

"Nothing much, just a mother-daughter talk, but that can wait. Anyways, I'll sleep now, just wanted to let you know that I love you a loads and don't tire yourself too much, okay?" I said and rolled on the other side of the bed.

"I love you a lot too dear, and I'm sorry I don't get to spend much time with you. Goodnight and sleep tight." She said softly and with that we ended the call. It felt good talking to my mom, even if it's just through a phone and for a few minutes. At least I know she cares.