Chapter 14 | What? Or who?

"How do you sleep through the night?
Where do you go when you hide?"

Song: Hurt by Get Scared

≿✾✾✾≾

Anna's P.O.V

We walked out of school completely unbothered by the circumstances. I should propably be doing some sort of angel activities to smooth my mom, but for some reason I was not regretting anything right now, even though the guilt was still eating me alive.

I was not completely healed from all the heated conversation my and my mom had yesterday, I wasn't used to this kind of situation. If you told to my 14 year old self that I'd be ditching school and arguing with my parents I'd propably call the mental institution and book you in there. But, what do you know? Here we are now.

"Where are we going?" Claire asked breaking me away from my thoughts.

We all stopped and looked at each other. Didn't they think about this in the first place? Of course not.

"The park?"

"Too boring."

"The beach?"

"Too far."

"My place?"

"Too messy."

"Your place?"

"Messier."

The boys were all discussing with each other giving me, Claire and Michelle some time alone. I wasn't exactly the best person to start a conversation but these girls had given me a sense of comfort around them.

"Do you think they'll achieve anything?" I asked no one in particular.

"Do you want me to answer that?" Claire sighed clearly impatiently.

"I GOT IT!" Michael yelled raising his hand up catching us offguard and making us jump.

"We're going at McDonald's!" He was smiling, squishing his eyes and moving back and forth looking like a little child who had just recieved a straight A's report card and was proudly showing it to his mom.

"It's not even lunch yet." Calum said even though he seemed to have no intentions on disagreeing.

"My stomach tells me otherwise."

"What do you girls say?" Ashton asked bringing the attention to us.

"As long as there's food involved, I'm in." Claire was the first one to speak.

"Okay, but you're paying." Michelle said afterwards addressing her gaze to Calum.

"I paid last time!"

"No, you didn't! We splited the bill up!"

"I paid the majority of it!"

"Guys I'll pay for the both of you just shut up!" I yelled receiving their surprised expressions.

"What? I'm quite, not voiceless." I said in a defending tone.

"Don't mind her, she's propably on her periods." Ashton felt the need to include that in.

"FYI, I'm not but you'll be the one bleeding after I'm done with you." I said with a fake sweet smile on my face.

Ashton and the others laughed even though I was being dead serious. Somebody needs to teach this boy a lesson, except the ones he missed during health class.

"So McDonald's it is?" Michael asked and we all shrugged a monotone "yes".

The nearest McDonald's around here was at least a 30 minutes walk, we could as well go to the beach.