Chapter 20 | Dad?

"I'll fucking digest you, one kiss at a time.
You wish I was yours and I hope that you're mine."

Song: Lurk by The Neighbourhood

≿✾✾✾≾

Anna's P.O.V

I entered my house and locked the door behind me. As soon as I turned around I started kneeling down with my back supported on the door.

Oh. My. God.

I'm dating Ashton, I'm freaking dating Ashton Irwin.

I kept fangirling mentally until I decided that it was time to stop. It's just a relationship after all.

But it's a relationship with Ashton.

I. Freaking. Know.

Okay Anna, get your shit together, you're acting like a 12 year old.

I went to my room trying to focus on what to wear for dinner rather than my new boyfriend. Opening the closet I got greeted by a tons of black clothings and old tee shirts.

Wow, I really need to reorganize this shit.

Okay, so dinner huh? Well, that should be easy. Something classy, but not too classy I guess?

Yeah, black jeans and band tee shirt it is.

I pulled out a random pair of black skinnies and a Guns N' Roses tee. Gotta leave a good first impression right?

Sure enough my phone buzzed in my pocket informing me that someone was calling. Usually I only get phone calls from my mom or Ashton, so it was kinda weird for me to see that it was neither of them this time. It was actually a number, which meant I didn't have them saved on my contacts.

I choosed to answer it anyways, the worst that could happen would propably just be an annoying kid playing with his friends trying to act all cool and shit with his terrible dad jokes.

"Hello?"

"Oh hey, Anna is that you?" The voice on the other line spoke. It kinda sounded like Michelle, even though voices are slightly different on phones or tapes.

"Yeah, this is Anna."

"Oh thank God! I thought I had called the wrong number, that'd be so embarrassing."

"Uhm...yeah, and who would you be?" I asked in a poor British accent.

"Oh, right, it's Michelle. Cal gave me your number."

Bingo.

"So, details?" She said in trailing her voice.

"Details on what?"

"Oh c'mon, don't play dumb with me. We all know Ashton must have made some sort of move today." She replied teasingly and I just rolled my eyes.

"Well, let's just say that Michael is the only one single now." I said laughing a little.

"Oh my God! Anna I'm so happy for you! You guys are definitely my OTP! Annshton is finally real!" She squeeled in a high pitch tone.

"Annshton? How long have you guys been thinking about that?"

"A while. So I want to know eve-ry-thing tomorrow, okay?" She commanded in a sassy tone.

"Well, duh. Oh and Michelle, do you by any chance happen to have any idea on how to cover a hickey?" I asked sheeply and heard her laugh on the other side.

---------------TIME LAPSE------------------

"Annabelle! When you said you'd dye your hair I was certantly not expecting this!" My mom said as she took a look on me. She didn't seem angry or anything however, the dinner might have smoothen down her mood.

"Uhm...well, surprise surprise." I tried to joke with a weak smile. She just rolled her eyes and walked past me.

"They look good on you by the way." She said with a little smile on her face.

"So you're not mad?"

"Nah, as long as you don't dye them pink, like that Michael guy dyed it once, I'm okay with it." She said laughing it off.

"Trust me, I wouldn't do that even if they paid me to, and mom? About what happened yesterday, I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"Anna, it's okay. You're a teenager, I remember when I was your age, and boy, didn't I cause some troubles back then." She laughed and shook her head to the memory.

"Like mother, like daughter." I laughed and winked.

Our short conversation was soonly interrupted by the bell and I stood up to open the door.

"Why hello there my lady." Ashton, of course, said as soon as I allowed him inside.

"Someone's in a good mood today." I hummed.

"Nice job on covering that hickey babe." He said changing the topic and winking at me. Even though I tried to stop myself from blushing, I could still feel the heat rising up my cheeks.

"Aw, you're blushing, how cute." He said and poked my noise.

"Call me 'cute' one more time and I'll chop off your arm."

"Kids! Oh, hey Ashton, nice to meet you again." My mother came in and greeted Ash.

"Nice to meet you too Mrs. Alice. It's been a while." He went from teasy to gentleman in 0.01 seconds. Nice move Ashton, nice move.

"Oh c'mon Ashton, we've known each other for year now, you're part of the family, just call me Ally." She said the famous mother line. Typical.

We all went to the kitchen and sat down exchanging the basic short talks, that until the door bell ringed once again.

"That must be him, I'll get it." My mom said and stood up enthusiastically.

I heard the door open and small greeting between my mom and the misterious man. Soon enough, they both entered the room, but once they did, both the man and Ashton seemed to freeze. They both went pale and I felt Ashton tense near me.

"Ashton?" The man said revealing his thick voice.

"Dad?" Ashton said back and that's when me and my mom exchanged shocked and terrified looks with each other.

Oh boy.

----------------------------------------------------

(A.N) *dramatic drum roll* okay, so that was something for sure. Short disclaimer: I'm not in any way using Ashton's past as a way to make this story more interesting or whatever. I love Ashton a lot and I would never do or say anything to hurt or shame him. I hope we're clear. So stay tuned to find out what happens next. Remember to stay happy, healthy and safe, love you a loads.