Chapter 1 | You've changed

TRAILER + CAST

≿✾✾✾≾

Anna's P.O.V

I was walking home from school just like any other day, my shoes making a slight squidish noise as they made contact with the cold, watery pavement and
my straightened hair turning curly because of the rain. I took off my glasses cleaning them from the rain drops even though I knew it was no use since they would get wet again.

My earphones blasted the lyrics of Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana while my mind drifting from one to another endless problem I had to deal with sooner or later.

Just as the song was about to change I heard my name being called, I turned around slightly confused since I didn't remember anyone following me earlier. And there he was again, the tall, blonde guy with those piercing hazel eyes and short curly hair who is known as Ashton Irwin.

Me and Ash have been best friends for years. He was the first one to befriend me when I moved here, he showed me around my new school and offered to help me catch up with all the school work I had been missing. I propably own an explanation. My name is Mey, Anna Mey, 16 years old but pretty short for my age, brown hair and eyes and my personality is just as boring as my outlook. Me and my mom moved here due to my father's death which was too much for the both of us to handle. Just like any other teenager I had my secrets, some were just too dark that I prefered to keep them to myself rather than share them with anyone.

Ash was walking backwards in order to face me and that silly, careless grin was glued to his face just like I have always remembered it.

"So Anna Banana, why didn't you wait for me after school? I was hoping we could go to my place and bum around since it's Friday." Ash said using his nickname he had stuck to me ever since he first heard my name.

"First of all, stop walking that way Ash, you'll propably hurt your problematic ass, second, I always walk alone to and from school and third, can we do this some other time? I'm feeling beyond exhausted and I'd like to stay home." I half-lied.

Ash sighed in disappointment and started walking normally by my side. He kept his head low following the stone he was kicking as if it was the one leading him home.

"You have to get out of your house more Anne and I know you hate hearing this from everyone, but you've changed a lot. You never go out, you never join any of our social events and you never talk to anyone about anything, not even to me. We used to tell each-other everything and we would spend every second of every day together. What happened?" Ash asked not trying to hide his sadness.

"Life happened" I said in my messed up head, but of course I couldn't bring myself up to talk to him about this, I couldn't even imagine what he'd think of me afterwards.

"I know and I'm dead serious that it's nothing, I've been studying for finals and I've been a shitton tired from all the school work they're giving us, with all the  exams and projects, it's been kinda hard for me to keep up with any social activity, but I promise I'll try to find some free time to spend with you, just not today." Lies, lies, lies. That's the only thing I was good at. But as long as it would keep people from trying to get inside my head, I had no problem with it.

"You have to promise me though, I miss the old Anna Banana a lot."

"I promise Ashy." I said using the nickname I had just come up with.

"Well that's your house, see you on Monday." Ash said giving me hug which I returned and then left to get to his place.

I sighed at the thought of lying to my own best friend, he didn't deserve it, he had never done anything to deserve something less than the truth, but here I am, giving him the last thing he should ever get, lies.
-------------------------------------------------------
(A/N) Heyo guys, it's Cody, this my first chapter and I hope y'all enjoyed it. Sorry for the slight triggering. Hope y'all doing okay, eat your vegetables and stay in school. Love you.