Chapter 26 | My forever

"She was seventeen and she was far from in-between,
It was summer time all over Michigan."

Song: All Summer Long by Kid Rock

≿✾✾✾≾

Anna's P.O.V

Me and Richard talked for a little more until the seance was over.

"So, how was it?" Ashton asked as soon as I stepped out of the room. He and my mom had been waiting outside during this whole time. She looked at me full of hope and pleading eyes.

"It was...good. I think I can handle it." I spoke sincerely.

"Oh, and mom, Mr.Richard wanted to talk to you." I tell her.

"What for?" She asked.

"I don't know, he didn't tell me anything."

"Well, okay then. You can go home sweetie, I have a meeting today so I can't drive you, sorry." She said guiltily.

I just sighed and gave her a weak smile.

"It's okay mom, I'll just walk."

"No, you don't have to worry Mrs. Alice, I can give her a ride home." Ashton butted in.

"Ashton, you don't have a car." I pointed out.

"You thought." He winked at me.

"Okay kids, I'll be going now, I can't let Mr. Richard wait any longer." My mom said and rushed inside his office.

Me and Ashton turned around walking towards the exit.

"What did you mean by 'you thought'?" I asked him curiously.

"I meant," he started and opened the building door revealing a brand new car, pitch black and shiny, with the Mercedes logo on it. "this." He finished off.

"Are you fucking kidding me? Ashton where the hell did you get all that money?" I asked surprised and my eyes propably popping out of my head.

"It's actually a gift from my godfather, you know, Uncle Tom? Well he gave it to me when I turned 18 a couple of months ago but I didn't really wanna use it, didn't wanna give the image of the spoiled brat kid." He said while walking towards the car.

"You've had a motherfucking Mercedes for all these months and you haven't used it because you didn't wanna look like a 'spoiled brat'?! You gotta be shitting me." I huffed in disbelief. I mean, c'mon, it's a fucking Mercedes, how can you not have a urge to drive it?

"Hey, don't blame me, I couldn't let go of Nancy that easily." He rose his heads in defense.

Nancy was Ashton's old bike. He would take that...or her, wherever he went. I swear I was starting to think he was bisexual, and by that I don't mean "attracted by the both genders", I mean bi(cycle)-sexual.

"You're crazy." I stated and opened the door. It was even prettier on the inside. Ashton hopped in and started the engine.

He turned on the radio and much to our luck, Kid Rock was on. I sang along softly to "All Summer Long" while tapping my fingers to the beat.

Staring out the window my thoughts started to riddle my mind, not like every other time however. They weren't dark, or scary, or isolating, they were just...thoughts.

Houses went by pretty fast, so did the trees and the yards, everything was shifting from left to right in a high speed leaving me a little dizzy. Just then, I noticed my house pass by and I quickly turned my gaze to Ashton.