~*Three-some Planning*~

===========

December 3, 2013

Three-some Planning

Mac

I sighed and banged my head against my desk as I came to yet another dead end. It seemed like this guy was squeaky clean and I couldn't prove otherwise.

“What’s up Mac?” Ian asked, coming to my desk.

Leaning back on my chair, I looked at him. He wore a black suit with a white dress shirt and black tie; the epitome of an FBI agent. It made me laugh. “No wonder people run when they see you.” I started with a slight laugh. “You don't even have to flash your badge to know exactly who you are.”

“Shut it Tyler. At least I look the part.” He said with much attitude.

I just shrugged my shoulders at him. I know I dress more casual than the typical agent. Black jeans and button up shirt tends to be my attire. Not to forget my black leather jacket that I’m never without.

“So anything new with the case?” Ian asked.

“Unfortunately, none whatsoever. I’ve been through all his financials, background information, and even his high school records. Nothing to connect him with The Family.”

“Do you think we got the wrong guy then?”

It was a question I’ve been contemplating since the visit to his fiancé. There is absolutely nothing about this guy that raises a red flag. No parking tickets or overdue library books. Nothing. But that is suspicious in itself. No one is that clean. Everyone has made a mistake somewhere along their lifetime. It’s hard to believe that this guy is the exception.

Looking up with conviction at Ian, I had no doubt in my answer. “No. I have a feeling that we need to stay on this guy. There is something about Carlos Cortez that I don't like.”

Scruffy nodded, he knows that my intuition is reliable. “Are you sure it’s not just that you want to bang his girlfriend?”

Grabbing the closest thing to me, a stack of post it notes, I threw it at his head. “Shut up Scruffy. We’re talking about the case here.”

He put his hands up in surrender. “Just saying, I saw the looks you were giving her.”

Ian turned back around to go to his desk as I rolled my eyes at his comment.

I will admit though, Beatrice Martinez was the most beautiful woman I’ve seen. I can't deny the attraction I felt when I laid eyes on her. She definitely captured me, so much so that I couldn't get my mind off her since.