~*Two Navy Memories*~

**Warning; Mild racism. The way in which characters speak emulates real life. I did not clear up terms used because I wanted it to be as natural as possible.** Spanish is in italics but not everything in italics is Spanish. Enjoy!

============

December 2, 2013

Two Navy Memories

Bea

"Bea." I heard someone whisper vaguely.

I was dancing. The ball was perfectly elegant. My dress, a beautiful lavender that flowed. I couldn't see my partner's face though, who was dressed in a fitted black suit.

"Bea." My dance partner said in a silky voice, still hiding the face I longed to see.

I tried to focus on the features but everything seemed blurry aside from the heat I felt from being held close. We continued dancing to the soothing music. Soft hands held me, our bodies fit perfectly. My small frame molded to the tall figure.

I tried to look again. Tried to make sense of the person I'm in perfect sync with. Finally, it works and everything starts to clear.

The skin is milky white and smooth. Lips, small but utterly tender. Long black hair that falls straight. And the eyes, an enchanting navy blue that made my heart skip a beat.

"Beatrice Alexy Martinez! ¡Levantate ahora! You're going to be late for your class!"

I let out a loud groan as I was pulled out of my sleep by my mom. My alarm was going off but failed to wake me. I closed my eyes and rolled over, the constant beeping still going off.

"Bea!!" She yelled again.

"I'm up!" I called back in a grunt.

Rising from bed, I slapped my alarm off and let out a loud yawn. I began to get up and start my usual morning routine.

I always listen to music while showering. As I was shampooing my hair, Dreaming of You by Selena came on. I closed my eyes and gently swayed to the soft, beautiful music of my favorite song and singer. This song has always been my favorite. It makes me believe in live when I lose hope.

'Cause I'm dreaming, of you tonight...'

A flash of navy blue eyes zoomed across my memory, causing my own eyes to snap open wide in shock.  

Slowly, I started to remember my dream. I was dancing with a girl, a woman. The female FBI agent that asked me questions the day before. I shook my head, trying to decipher why I would dream about her. Not only did I dream about her, but it was the type of dream I should be having about Carlos.