Chapter 33: Incredibly Desperate

"Mason! Mason!!" Liam yells, running through the forest. He trips over a root and falls to the ground. He groans in pain as Anna runs up to him.

"I lost it." He pants as Anna looks down at him in concern. "I lost the scent."

"I'll do whatever I can to help you find it," Anna says softly. She helps him up and looks over at Allison. "Anything?"

"No. I don't know where he is." Allison sighs.

Anna shakes her head before taking a deep breath. She grabs Liam's hand before they both run into the forest, looking for their friend.

*****************

Anna sits next to Liam at the dinner table, head resting on his shoulder. Hannah walks in and the rest of the pack look up before discussing Mason's situation. "My dad's got an APB out." Stiles states.

"For a 5'8'' 16-year-old?" Hannah asks.

"I recommended 9-foot tall rampaging werewolf." Stiles shrugs.

"It still might not be him." Liam mutters. Anna rubs his arm soothingly as everyone looks at him with sympathy.

"Hayden's at the school looking," Hannah says.

"I can keep checking the woods," Malia suggests.

"I can talk with the ghosts, see what people have seen." Anna sighs. Stiles sends her a look.

"Let me guess, Al-" Stiles starts.

"Shut up, Stiles." Anna snaps.

"My mom can check all the hospitals in the county." Scott walks in confidently. "We can find him."

"What happens then?" Liam questions.

"We figure out a way to save him." Scott declares.

"Ok, where could we look?" Lydia asks.

"Let's ask Corey." Anna shrugs. They all turn to her, confused before Scott literally pulls the teenager out of thin air.

"Wait, wait. It's not my fault." Corey stutters. "They took him and I couldn't do anything. They took him—"

"Who?" Scott demands.

"The Dread Doctors." Corey states scared.

*****************

Anna, Liam, and Scott walk towards the locker room, all very nervous. "How stupid are we to be doing this?" Liam asks.

"We're not stupid. We're desperate." Scott says.

"How desperate?" Anna questions, hating that he's right.

"Incredibly desperate," Scott answers as they stop in front of the door.

"Scott..." Anna whines. "He ki—" She stops herself before sighing. "I hope you know what you're doing."

"Eh." He shrugs before opening the door. Tracy and Theo both turn to the group and Anna grabs for Liam's hand.

Theo smirks at her nervousness as they walk in and close the door. "Told you we'd end up on the same side," Theo says.

"How about I punch you in the balls to remind you we're not?" Liam suggests.

"I second that." Anna snaps.

"You chose well, Anna." Theo chuckles. "I love this kid."

"I don't," Tracy states monotonously.

"We know you're not on our side, Theo. You said you wanted to help Lydia, but you left Eichen with something else, didn't you?" Scott asks knowingly.

"You mean the mask?" Theo questions, glancing at Anna. "Are you worried about that?"

"Did you put it on?" Anna asks, remembering the pain the goggles brought her. Tracy glances at Theo, and Anna knows he put it on.

"Who did you see?" Scott inquires.

"Not Mason." He shakes his head.

"What's that mean? It's not him?" Liam asks desperately.

"It probably means he's a lost cause." Tracy rolls her eyes. A growl rumbles from Anna's throat.

"We all want the same thing. We want Mason back." Theo shrugs.

"The difference is we want him back alive." Scott snaps.

"Well, I'm open to compromise." Anna scoffs making Theo turn to her with a glare.

"I'm not scared of you anymore, Theo," Anna says.

"You still got the map with telluric currents on it?" Theo turns back to Scott. "Bring it to the operating theater in two hours."

The group turns to leave but not without Theo grabbing Anna's arm. Both boys turn back as Theo growls at her. "Remember I'm the one that brought you back."

"Remember you're the one that killed me in the first place." She snaps before pulling her arm out of his grasp and walking away with the boys. "How desperate are we again?" She asks as the door closes behind them.

"Incredibly." Scott sighs. 

Like? Sorry this is sort of uneventful...