Chapter Nine

Harry pov

I walked home from Diana's flat. I'd missed her so much. She was fun, caring, beautiful.

The truth was that I was in love with her. Since that first day in primary school and she picked me up from the ground I loved her. I was so stupid for not finding a way out of bullying her in the first place.

I hated my life during that time. I couldn't bring myself to look at her when she flinched or she was scared and I was the reason why. I wanted to be the one to help from all of that, but I was causing her pain.

I'd had such a good day with her, I couldn't leave without kissing her. She seemed really shocked, but she did kiss me back. It makes me wonder if one day maybe she might feel the same. Probably not after what I did to her...

All I can do is make it up to her. I'm never letting her go again. I'll take her out again after work on Sunday.

~

Sunday; 10:10

"Hey Jim, I'm here!" I shouted through to my boss.

Diana was standing at the counter. I looked up at her and smiled.

"Typical Harry, always late!" She joke scolded.

"But I'm here now!" I said joining her behind the counter and putting on an apron.

"Do you want to come to the cinema with typical Harry then after work?" I said still smiling. She had that effect on me.

"Yeah, that would be great."

Then a customer came in and she went to go and serve them. I watched her as she friendily chatted to them, wereas before we made friends again she was was quite shy and timid. I hope she's always happy from now on.

~
4pm

"You ready to go?" I asked Diana.

"Yeah, I can't wait!" She said.

And the best thing was, she did actually look excited. Is it the movie or spending time with me?

"Good lets go to my car."

We walked to my car and she got in the passenger seat. As we drove past an art shop I remembered something else.

"Do you still do your art work?" I asked Diana curiously, wanting to look at her but I had to keep my eyes on the road.

"Yeah, still. I love art, it's not like all the other subjects. It's amazing." Her eyes lit up.

"What kind of things do you draw?"

"Anything really."

"Give me an example. Like what was the last thing you drew?" I asked. I looked at her as we were at a red light. I seen her freeze and almost look worried. She bit her lip.

"Um, a cat." She said nervously.

I knew she wad lying. Why would she lie about what she last drew? I'll have to have a quick look at her sketch book next time I'm at hers. The lights went green and I contined to drive.

"What about you? Are you still singing? You always had such an amazing voice." She asked changing the subject.

"Thanks. Yeah I am, and I like song writing too."

"Wow, you'll have to sing to me someday."

"I will."

We pulled up outside the cinema.

"What do you want to see? I don't really mind, so you choose." I asked her.

She browsed through the different movies on offer.