Heartbreak Expert

I let out the breath that I'm holding once I hear the door close and I limp forward. My eyes went wide when I feel Jimin's arm on my legs and back as he scoop my body up from the floor and he carried me bridal style.

"Yah put me down!" I scream at him, I can feel my cheeks burn up.

"Shut up! Yoongi must still be outside." he said and continues to carry me to my room.

He carefully put me down. "Where's your first aid kit?"

I point to the bathroom. "Drawer on the left." I say.

He came out carrying the first aid kit. He went to my closet drawers and bring out some towels. He disappeared for a second only to come back with a basin half full with warm water. I look at him surprised at how familiar he seem to be with my house.

He lifted my dress up, until above my knee and he sits down on the floor. He reached for my feet and placed it in the basin of water.

"Pabo." he says again as he shakes his head. He begin to run warm water on my wounded feet and wipe it gently with the now wet towel. A few strokes after, he stands up and head to the bathroom, only to come back carrying a new basin of clean water and he repeats the process.

I look at him with my mouth open. Why is he being nice? The silence is awkward but comforting.

He pat dry my foot and starts to open the kit

He pat dry my foot and starts to open the kit. He brings out the antiseptic and some cotton balls.

"This will sting a little." he looks at me intently as he dabs the cotton in my small cuts.

He raise his brows at me. Why is he looking at me like this? I furrow my brows. "What?"

"I expected a defeaning scream." he smile.

"You expect too much."

Instead of the deafening scream he's expecting, defeaning silence surrounds us. He stands up and proceeds to my closet and take out a pair of sweats. "Call me when you're done changing." he say and he shut the door.

"Come in." I say weakly as I hear a faint knocking on the door. Jimin comes in holding a glass of water.

"Thanks." I mutter and he leans in by the wall and cross his arms on his chest. "Why are you being nice to me?" I find myself asking him the same question again.

He chuckles. "Why do you always ask me that?"

"Cause you're not like that." I try to make a point then take a sip of the water after. "Thank you for helping me."

"Do you think you'll be okay?" he asks me. His voice is softer than usual, without any hint of arrogance like he usually does.

"I don't know to be honest." I admit. I feel physically okay now that my wounds are attended to and now that I'm all warmed up but I still feel broken inside, but I didn't tell Jimin that.

"You should let go." he mutters and I almost missed it.

Let go? Can I? But I should. It's obvious that I should.

"I've already let go a long time ago." I lied to him. "I've already moved on. It's not what you think it is." Jimin stares at me, studying my eyes as if he can tell that I'm lying.

"Jamie," he looks at me through his lashes. His hair falling on his forehead. "I know a heartbreak when I see one." he says and I lost it.

I start to cry again. I'm crying because it is true. I'm crying because as much as I want to convince myself that I am okay, that I'll be okay, I know that I'm not and that I wouldn't. Having someone point out to me how I am feeling felt like someone just pulled the plug on the sink draining all the lies that I tried to make up just to cope up with the pain.

It felt like the first time again, the only difference was, this time I'm more certain. I've seen what I need to see and that's enough reason to let go.

I unconciously reach for the heart pendant that's latched in my neck. Yoongi's heart— I still have it. I close my eyes and let my tears stream down.

"Hey, everything's going to be alright." he whispers and take a sit beside me.

I look at him. I don't know which surprised me more, the fact that he knows what to tell me or the way his voice softened as he speaks.

He place a hand on the small of my back and I suspected it was more for me than him, so I let him. For some reason, having someone assure me that everything will be alright gave me huge relief.

"It's okay. Let it all out." he rubs small circles on my back.

He hold me by the chin. "Promise me this is the last time you are crying over this." I was taken aback to tell you honestly. I was waiting for some mean comment to come out of his mouth like he usually does but he just gave me a lingering stare, that's when I confirm that he mean what he said.

"I'm not really good at promises." I admit and he pulls me closer and lean my head on his chest as I start crying again.

He wasn't speaking, something I was very thankful for.

I let myself drown in his embrace. I promised myself it will be the last time I'll be crying because of Yoongi.