Couple Attire

I reviewed myself in the mirror. I am wearing a thick white hoodie sweater, a tight blue jeans and my ever reliable maroon Doc Martens.

I look through my purse one last time to make sure I brought my power bank because I forgot to charge my phone the night before, when I catch Yoongi by the corner of my eye already waiting by the building entrance. He's leaning on his car, with a smile on his face. I cringe a little as I take in his choice of clothing. He's wearing a white hoodie sweater, blue jeans and black boots. We are almost too similar. People who will see us would think that we are a couple that's head over heels in love with each other, hence the matching clothes.

 People who will see us would think that we are a couple that's head over heels in love with each other, hence the matching clothes

"I should go change." I say awkwardly.

"No! We'll be late. It's gonna be a long drive. Plus I like what you're wearing." he gave me his gummy smile as he opens the door for the passenger's side and motions me to get inside. I can already tell that he's liking how the day has started.

"I was worried you wouldn't come." he mutters as he started driving.

"If you weren't so stubborn in insisting that I should spend a day with you then you wouldn't have to worry."

"If I didn't insist then I would worry that I'd lose you totally." he answers.

I ignore him and look out the window. It was a good five minutes of silence before he speaks again. "Did you eat? Do you wanna grab something? I can stop by the next coffee shop." he offers.

"I thought you don't wanna be seen by people? Don't tell me you suddenly changed when you announce to the world about you dating a famous model." I spat still not sparing him a glance.

"Please Jamie I'm trying here."

I didn't answer and continue to pretend to be fascinated by the views I'm seeing from the window. A few minutes later I can feel the car put into a stop.

"What do you want? Iced Americano?"

"No. I don't want Iced Americano. Get me Iced latte please and some french toast." he raise his eyebrows at me before getting out of the car. I initially planned on ignoring him but I cannot deny an offer if it involves coffee and food.

What am I doing here? I shouldn't be here with him. I tell myself while sitting in silence. I turn my attention to the coffee shop and watch as Yoongi struggles to open up the glass door with both his hands occupied by two large cups of iced latte, small brown paper bag and a large box of cake. Cake? Why do we need a cake? I open the driver's door for him from the inside.

"Thanks!" he says as I reach for the cups of coffee and gently place it to the cup holder while he opens the door from the back side and carefully place the box of cake on the leather chair.