Connor XII

Pushing open the front door of the apartment, I dropped my keys into the little bowl inside the door and called out to Troye.

"Babe? I'm ho-whoa."I froze as a bundle of fur launched itself at me, yapping away as it sniffed around my feet. "Troye? What is this?"

"Sorry, sorry." He came running from his studio and scooped up the squirming animal. "Naughty girl. It's just Connor." I frowned.

"What did you do?" I asked as he looked up at me sheepishly.

"I was walking past the pet store on my way home from getting lunch and saw this little girl. She was just so cute, and the way she looked at me...I couldn't help myself."

"So you bought a dog?" I raised an eyebrow at him. He looked so adorable with the little dog in his arms and a pout on his face.

"Maybe?" It came out like a question and I had to laugh.

"It's okay. I'm just surprised, that's all." I held my arms out to take the dog from him. "Does she have a name?"

"I haven't decided yet. I was thinking either Sadie or Annie. What do you think?" I tilted my head, looking at the dog in my arms.

"She looks like a Sadie to me." A grin spread across Troye's face and he threw his arms around me, being careful not to squash the dog between us.

"Thank-you Connor."

"You're welcome. But you're looking after her, you know that, right?"

"Of course. She'll keep me company while you're at school." At the mention of school, I groaned. "What?"

"Nothing. I just had a long day today. And a long night ahead of me." I dropped my bag to my feet. "But first, I want to relax with my boyfriend, and apparently our new dog."

"Of course. Do you want to order in for dinner?"

"Yeah. I don't feel like cooking tonight." I bent to put Sadie on the floor and she immediately began running in circles, dodging between our feet. Troye laughed, watching her with amusement.

"Okay. Why don't you go change into something more comfortable and I'll get the food sorted. Sadie, stay." He pointed to the dog who just wagged her tail and continued running around.

"Yeah, that's going to need some work." I laughed, heading towards our bedroom where I quickly changed into a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie.

It has been six months since we moved in and every day was still amazing. I would get up first in the morning during the week and make us breakfast. His turn was on the weekends. After school each day, he would usually be waiting for me and we would relax in the living room for a while before I turned my attention to any homework I had.

On the weekends, we would explore the city or catch up with our friends and family. Sometimes we'd drive up to New York to visit while other times, we were content to just Skype call. Occasionally, we just spent the weekend in the apartment, having time to ourselves.

Tonight was a whole year since the tour started and I really didn't want to be doing homework all night but my teachers had other plans for me. Leaving my bag on the bed so I wouldn't get distracted by the thought of homework, I went back to the living room to find Troye cuddled up with Sadie on the sofa.

"Troye, why is the dog on the sofa?" I asked.

"Why not? She's not doing anything bad."

"But she'll leave fur everywhere." I complained.

"I'll clean it up, I promise." He reached a hand up to pull me down beside him.

"Okay. But she's not sleeping on our bed. I'll deal with the sofa, but not our bed."

"Okay. I can deal with that. She can sleep in the bathroom." He picked up the dog, depositing her on the floor before leaning into my side. "We've got a family."

"Of sorts. But I don't think we need a real family for a while yet." He lifted his head to look at me, love and excitement in his eyes.

"Are you saying you want to have a family with me?" I took a moment before nodding.

"Yeah. I think so. One day. But for now I'm happy with you and Sadie being my family." He pressed his lips to mine.

"I agree but part of me can't wait to really have a family with you." We fell silent, the conversation we'd just had echoing around us. An idea popped into my head and I sat up a little to look at Troye.

"Troye?"

"Yeah?"

"I need to ask you something."

"Of course. You can ask me anything." I think he was expecting me to ask my question straight away but instead, I stood up, pulling him with me.

"Troye, I..." I bit my lip, looking down at our hands.

"What is it?" He asked, using his finger to tip my head up to look me in the eye.

"I know this isn't nearly as special as the show in Miami, and probably not as romantic, but I need to say this." I paused, taking in his shocked expression. "Troye, you're the love of my life. I've known that for a long time now and I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you, no matter what."

"Connor, is this what I think it is?" Troye let out a breath as he spoke, his eyes following me as I knelt down in front of him, taking both his hands in mine.

"Troye Sivan Mellet, I love you more than anything in the world. Will you marry me?" I watched happy tears fill his eyes as he smiled and nodded.

"Yes, Connor, yes I'll marry you. I love you so much." He pulled me up and crashed our lips together in a passionate kiss. 

"I love you too, so much, Troye. I'll never let you go."