Connor XI

After Troye and I came back down from seeing our apartment, we found that everyone else had arrived and were waiting for us.

"So, what's the plan?" Brandon asked, hopping from foot to foot. He was eager to get moving after being in the car for over three hours. I turned to my dad who was waiting by the truck.

"Dad, apparently you can park the truck behind the building so we can access a service elevator." He nodded and climbed back into the cab, pulling back out into the road and turning down a little side alley.

"We can leave the other stuff here for now and once we've emptied the truck, we can start moving all this stuff around the back too." Troye said to everyone in general. There were a few beeps as cars were locked and then the group followed Troye and I into the lobby. On our way down, the doorman, whose name we discovered was Brad, showed us where we could get to the elevator and we met my dad already waiting there, the truck open and ready to be unloaded.

What followed seemed like an endless stream of trips up and down the elevator to bring in all the furniture and boxes until everything was at least in the apartment.

"Okay. I am glad that's done." Alfie sighed, sliding down a wall in the living room to sit on the floor. We'd given everyone a tour when they first came in and everybody loved it.

"You can't rest yet, Alfie. We still have to move everything into the right rooms." Zoe told him, trying to pull him up off the ground.

"Slave-driver. Can't we have a food break?" He complained.

"I'm up for food, actually." Kayla called out. I looked over to Tanya.

"Do you feel like going on a food run?"

"Sure. Does pizza sound good to everyone?" She agreed.

"Dumb question." Caspar said and we all laughed.

"Okay. I'll go with you to help out." Zoe offered.

"Me too. Actually, let's leave the boys to do the heavy stuff while we're gone." Mom spoke up, gesturing to the other females in the room.

And that's how it was decided that Tanya, Zoe, Kayla, Niomi, Nicola, Sage and both our moms headed out to find pizza while the rest of us were left the start moving the furniture into place. Troye and I kind of left the living room and kitchen to the others because we didn't really care about the placement of furniture in there. I went into the bedroom with Jim to sort out stuff in there while Troye busied himself in the spare room, or what we were going to use as his studio, to oversee what went on there. By the time the girls got back, we only had the boxes left to sort out.

We made a make-shift picnic on the floor in the living room and all sat around eating pizza for an hour or so.

"You guys, this place is going to look amazing when you're all settled in." Niomi said, looking around.

"It really is. We can't wait." Troye replied, using one arm to pull me closer.

"But that'll be a while still." I said. "Even if we get everything unpacked today, we still won't get everything sorted for a few weeks."

"Of course. That's the way it is whenever you move." Mom agreed.

"We'll be expecting pictures and virtual tours." Tyler announced and everyone nodded in agreement.

"Yeah. We want to see the finished product." Joe agreed.

"Or you could, you know, actually come and visit us." Troye joked.

"Why would we do that? It's much cheaper to just see it on the Skype calls." Nicola teased me from her spot across the room.

"Careful, Nicola. I might decide not to invite you back." I threatened but she just rolled her eyes at me.

When everyone was finished eating, we stacked the empty pizza boxes in the kitchen and stored the leftovers in the refrigerator. Then we got started unpacking boxes. If Troye and I had thought that moving the furniture earlier was tiring, we were definitely proved wrong now. We were constantly running from room to room, putting things in different places and changing our minds five minutes later.

It was almost dark by the time we finally gave up and decided to call it a night. Everyone else was driving back to New York tonight and they didn't want to be driving too late so we had to say goodbye quickly. As they each drove away, Troye and I stood on the pavement out the front of the building, waving earnestly at them until finally we were alone.

"This is it." He said after a moment and suddenly the reality hit me.

"Oh my god."

"What?"

"Troye, we're really doing this. We're really out on our own." He laughed and hugged me, picking me up a little as he did, spinning on the spot.

"Yeah we are! Connor, we're out on our own." His excitement was infectious and my nerves soon washed away, only to be replaced with an amazing feeling of happiness.

"This is amazing." Was all I could say. He nodded, still smiling broadly as he leaned in for a kiss. I gladly returned it and honestly, it was the best kiss we'd ever shared. I have no explanation for why, other than the feeling of complete freedom we felt made the kiss so much better.

"We should put our cars away before we go back in, otherwise we might not come back out."

"Good idea." The apartment had come with two parking spaces in the underground parking lot under the building, which was one of the things that made us want this one. We quickly jumped into our separate cars, taking them into the parking lot and tucking them safely into their spots.

--------------------

Back up in the apartment, we looked around. There was a lot of mess everywhere from boxes and packaging but neither of us really cared right then. We were exhausted and just wanted to crawl into bed for the first time in our new home.

"Connor?"

"Hmm?"

"Let's got to bed." Troye grinned at me as he said it.

"In our bedroom?" I questioned.

"Of course. Unless you'd like to sleep in the studio?"

"No way. I'm not sleeping away from you on the first night in our apartment." I sighed. "I love saying that. Our apartment."

"You're cute." He laughed, kissing my cheek. "Come on." I followed him into our room where the only clear space was the bed.

"Oh wow. We really have a lot of work left to do."

"Mm. But not tonight." Troye whispered before capturing my lips with his and pushing me back onto the bed. 

We both wanted to have a good make-out session but it ended pretty quickly when Troye fell asleep. I laughed a little and pulled the blankets over him before curling into his side. He subconsciously wrapped an arm around me and I quickly drifted off to sleep too, safe in his arms.