Troye III

Somehow, I managed to get through the show in Rome. I had a lot of help from Connor who ran onstage every now and then to help me out if it looked like I wasn't doing to well. The crowd went crazy every time and it definitely made for good publicity when we started seeing tweets about the show, minutes after it ended.

We'd gone straight from the venue to the airport and less than two hours after the show finished, we were in the air, headed for Australia. Connor was fast asleep in the seat beside me, little snores coming from him every now and then. But since I'd spent most of the day sleeping, I was wide awake. I stared at the blank TV screen in front of me, thinking back over everything that had happened on the tour so far.

Connor and I had seen so many amazing things in the cities we'd visited, made so many memories. We kept in constant contact with our families and friends back home, reliving the stories over and over. Connor's family were loving the photos he was sending them and had showed us how they'd gotten some printed and framed for his room. My family were just happy to see our faces when we turned on Skype.

As for our friends, those calls were always the longest. Before the tour, we'd made a plan to have a group call every week. So everyone would gather at either Zoe or Kayla's house and they would try to squeeze into the small frame. We loved seeing them all; Joe, Caspar, Alfie, Tyler, Kayla, Jim, Tanya, Marcus, Niomi and Zoe. Each of them would take turns telling us things that had happened back home before there was a big group goodbye. 

"Troye..." I looked over towards Connor when he muttered my name, thinking he'd woken up but he was still fast asleep, a smile playing at the corners of his lips. I smiled at the fact that he was dreaming about me.

"You're cute." I whispered, knowing full well he wouldn't hear me. Suddenly, the plane jolted to the side violently and the fasten seat-belt sign flashed on. I reached over to wake Connor, only to find him already awake, rubbing at his forehead.

"What happened?" He asked, sleep evident in his voice.

"I think we've hit some turbulence. Did you hit your head?"

"Yeah. It really hurts." He grimaced as he continued to rub his head, one hand fumbling for his seat-belt.

"Come here." I pulled him closer by his shoulder and pushed his hand away from his head so I could kiss it gently. "Better?"

"Actually, yeah." He laughed. An air hostess came past then, holding the back of chairs to keep herself standing while the plane rocked.

"Seat-belts on?" She asked, nodding when she saw that we had already done it. She continued her journey down the plane, leaving us alone.

"You were dreaming about me." I said to Connor and he blinked in surprise.

"How do you know that?"

"You said my name. I thought you'd woken up."

"Oh. Yeah, I was dreaming about you. But let's just say, it's probably a good idea I woke up when I did."

"Why?" I was laughing, knowing where this was going. He looked down at his hands.

"Well, in the dream you and I were getting into a pretty heavy make-out session."

"Ah. Making up for being alone last night?"

"Something like that." He looked up at me, one eyebrow raised. "Do you remember anything more about last night?"

"No. The last thing I remember is going to sleep. Next thing I know, I'm waking up in a hospital bed with you looking all worried."

"Of course I was worried. You looked terrible."

"I felt terrible. I never want to feel like that again." I shook my head. "You know, it scares me that I can't remember anything."