Mate (10)

This is dedicated to all my fans!! I love you guys so much... you keep me writing...  It was Saturday morning. Pierce got up early, to feed Henry and Dante, feed Charlie who had slept over, feed Chicken Nugget who followed his owner with loyalty, and to think about what she was about to do.

Helen and Angela had tried to persuade her to go to the Winter Gala, ball, with them, as a group, but she had told them she and Erin were going to a wedding.

“People get married all the time! You will miss seeing the board of directors get drunk… and Dr. Hammer try to flirt with the younger nurses, its epic…” Helen tried to persuade her.

“It’s a good friend of mine and his. To miss it would be unacceptable. “She had said a little sad. “Plus you both will take pictures right?”

She decided to go watch some cartoons with Charlie.

“So… Michael told me that you were gonna be his new aunt, he’s been bragging about it a lot. Says he overheard his uncle talk to some people about important pack stuff already, even though he isn’t an alfalfa yet.” Charlie said while munching on some Cheetos and watching the Fairly Odd Parents. “I don’t get why anyone would wanna be an alfalfa, you get eaten…”

This made Pierce crack up and snort laughing. “He is going to be Alpha.” She said when she calmed down, after Charlie gave her and odd look. “That means he is like a boss of our pack.” It seemed odd to her that she said our pack, instead of the pack.

“So you’re gonna be a bossett? Is that the word for girl boss?” He asked with curiosity.

Again a fit of giggles. “I don’t think so. Plus I already have a job. I’m a doctor remember?”

He crossed his arms, deep in concentration evaluating this new knowledge. “But Michael’s uncle has a job and is going to be the boss of the pack. Why can’t you be boss too… like a King and Queen?”

This reminded her that maybe she did have a title too. “I don’t know. We’ll ask dad…”

“Yeah. Michael brags about his uncle all the time, and his dad. He says they do important business in the street on the wall… I got nothing cool to tell him.” He complained.

“You can tell him I operate on people and see blood all the time, and body organs, and that I save people’s lives…” She suggested, ruffling his messy blond hair. “It seems to me Michael is not very nice, if he only brags about himself are you sure he is your friend?”

“Duh! He is my best friend. We do everything together!”

It was midday when Pierce’s mom and some other ladies came over to help the bride-to be get ready.

“It is a very beautiful dress!” The ladies had said when they saw it.

“While the humans ogle at your dress, you should go shower.” Her mother advised her under her breath.

The hot water on her back helped her feel relaxed. It almost made her feel like this was a regular day.

She was in a bathrobe, sitting down on her vanity chair while three women were looking down at her expectantly.

“So… what would you like us to get done?” One of them, asked.

“Well… you saw her dress. Something that fits the style… perhaps some curls with some hair pinned back or to the side? And of course, you have to put this pin on her hair, it was her grandmother’s. Her make up… something alluring. I don’t know if you know what I mean. We want her to still look like her.” Her mother said, pulling strands of her daughter’s fiery red hair this way and that.