Mate (22)

Erin woke up with a headache…

He didn’t know if he’d been out for a few minutes or a few days. His mouth taste funny…like water from a pool…

Then his jaw hurt too much…someone had slapped him.

“Oh good. Thank god!” Pierce said somewhere above him.

She was on top of him.

He was laying on their bed.

His shirt was wet.

“Did I get knocked out?” He said squinting up.

His head hurt like no other. But for some reason he was not uncomfortable. He dare say he was quite cozy. “How did I get here? Why are you on top of me? Why am I wet?” He said trying to make her face out…

“I sort of pushed you into the toilet…then when I tried to get you up…and you were dazed, I sort of let you fall in the shower…” She was touching him slight…her voice sounded flirty…was she trying to mellow him out?

“And you were slapping me because?” He said a little dazed and mellowed. His head didn’t hurt that much. He was letting all of him fall comfortably on the bed, relaxed.

“Trying to make sure you didn’t have a concussion. Or keeping you from getting one? Sorry I also sort of panicked.” She said leaning lower a little bit.

Her voice was also kind of slugged…drowsy.

“And you seem to be flirting with me because?” Erin said a little more serious…his hands slowly moving to her tights…one stayed there and the other moved to her waist. Somehow she seemed to be leaning a little more down…

“Am I flirting?” She said a little dazed…

He sighed. “A little bit.” He said, slightly and ever so slowly gripping her to himself, and faster than she could blink, he was on top of her, pinning her down to the bed. “A little too much if you ask me.” He said while his gaze travelled all over her face.

“…and…what are you doing then?” She said licking her lips, her voice faltering a little.

“I am asking questions…” He said devilishly. His voice sounded like pure velvet…like a waterfall.

“I think you’re flirting with me a little bit.” She said while sinking into the mattress a little bit more…letting her muscles relax under him, unsuspecting.

“Am I?” He said a little dazed…leaning into her a little bit—

Then swoosh, she was on top of him again. A little trick Mason, Adrian, and Harrison had taught her when she first got into High School.

“Oh, you like to play?” He said with a grin, and something else on his features. His eyes were going a little darker, and they were glistening a little.

“I don’t like to play, I like to win.” She said a little cocky. She was smiling too, using her hands to pin his upper body down, her knees to pin his lower half down, and putting pressure on his abdomen with the rest of her body.

He was a big man, and while Pierce was not short, it took most of her to keep him down.

“Well, I don’t like to win, I always win.” He said, making a motion with his body to pin her down.

It didn’t work. She had all his pressure points down. “Well…I am waiting…” She said mocking him.

He then kept staring at something at her neck. A pulsating vein, that also told him—aside from his keen sense of hearing—how fast her heart was racing.