Chapter seventeen: Admiring white walls

SARAH POV

We froze as their eyes pierced through our souls. The different looks on their faces told me that they all knew what happened Saturday.

"I think we should make a run for it." I whispered to Samantha who was wearing her dark colours as usual.

"I'm not doing that," she stated, glaring at the crowd on both sides of the hallway. Haylie was not acting normal. Her happy and jovial exterior was now gone and replaced with a lazy, bored out of her mind look. She wasn't wearing her usual clothes instead she wore sweat pants and a large T-shirt with her blonde hair in messy bun. We ignored the looks and walked towards our classes.

"I fell sorry for that girl," A girl remarked.

"I always knew he was using her," one replied giving Haylie a smirk, which earned her a middle finger from Samantha.

Then we heard the voice of someone too familiar.

"I got him wrapped around my finger like a ring," Her red hair was the first thing I saw making me know exactly who the girl was. Haylie clung unto her backpack tighter, squeezing it for comfort. Amoy examined her for a few seconds and snapped her fingers. Her four cronies were at her side faster than the speed of light and they strutted towards us with their thin legs; It's was like they were bringing Mean Girls to life. She examined Haylie's attire and cringed.

"I knew you were ugly but not that ugly," Haylie hung her head low and didn't respond. Samantha-being the bad-ass she was, raised her hand about to punch her but Amoy said something causing Samantha to falter.

"You wouldn't want my dad to find out that his employee's daughter punched his precious princess." She threatened. The cronies snickered with each other and smirked at Haylie.

The thing is Haylie's father and Amoy's Father's companies are rivals. The two men are a living testimony of best friends gone wrong. Amoy is the heiress to the company now and after high school she is expected to be one of the world's richest heiresses apart from Haylie.

"I'm coming for you and your boyfriend next," She pointed at me and I took a step back. I don't even have a boyfriend.

"What are you talking about I don't have a boyfriend?" I managed to speak up. Amoy stepped closer to me and narrowed her eyes.

"I going to make you three know what you put me through," She whispered into my ear and dug her newly manicured nails into my shoulder. I bit down on my lip to bear the pain but that only made her grip tighten.

"What is going on?" I heard the principal's voice screech. The sound of heels connecting with the tiled hallway bummed though the empty silence. Amoy's face transformed from a hateful demeanor to one of tranquility. Her nails loosened on me and she slung her arm around my shoulder in a friendly position.

"I will ask once again," the Spanish accent rolling off her tongue natural "What is happening?" Her face held a mixture between anger and confusion. I gulped and at the moment I could feel the tension arise.

"I was just welcoming my dear friend Sarah back to school." Amoy lied blatantly to Mrs. Suarez's face.

"But it's the beginning of November, why do this now when school started in August?" The principal questioned folding her arms over her chest.

"You see we didn't get around to the traditional welcoming so it was either on never." Amoy answered with a plastic smile.

"Is this true Sarah?" Principal Suarez asked me. All heads turned awaiting my answer, it was a do or die situation.