06

"And I tried to hold these secrets inside me
My mind's like a deadly disease"

"A boy?" Klaus sat down trying to figure out what to do next.

"Don't do anything you'll regret, brother." Elijah said as he rested his hand on Klaus's shoulder.

---------------

Hope POV

I wake up to noises downstairs. I walk down to find my dad painting. "What's the noise?" I asked.

"Just a few brushes fell. I'm trying to make it perfect." Klaus replied still looking at the easel. I tilted my head looking at the symbol. I saw it before, I saw it in someone.

"What does the symbol mean?" I sat on the stool next to him.

"The symbol is a crest. A wolf and arrows," Klaus put his brush in the cup of water and looked at me. "Have you ever heard of 'the argent moon'?"

I shook my head "No." as I looked at the painting. Klaus smiled and stood up "well, it means silvery white,"

I nodded "Like the metal." Klaus shook his head "No. It's not the metal," Klaus sighed and picked up a rag. "I think it's time for you to get ready for school. I'll drive you."

--------------------

Lukas POV

"It's his daughter." I said throwing my hands in my hair. "Duh. They have the same last name. Mikaelson," Troye said as he closed his locker.

"Anyway what's wrong with that, do you know him?" Troye asked. 

"Kinda."

------------

FLASHBACK

"Mr. Mikaelson is going to help us both." Luna said.

"How?" I followed her to the car. All this week My mom and my sister has been talking about Mr. Mikaelson or Klaus. It was getting annoying, it's not like he's some kind of hero. The witches feared and hated him, most vampires fled in sight of him. Even humans shiver when they hear his name. How can he help my mother? Or Penelope and me.

--------------

We arrive at the Mikaelson household and enter his doors. "Welcome." Klaus said as he approached us.

Shall the terror begin.

-------------

PRESENT DAY : Lukas POV

"Cool, where do you know him from?" Troye asked. I didn't want to tell him. I haven't even told him about me. He's my best friend and all but he'll look at me differently.

"Places." I said as I walked to Mr. Fields class. This time I'll try not to get kicked out of class.

--------------

Hope POV

I got out of the car and waved "goodbye" to Klaus. I walked to History class and sat in the back of the class.

"Okay class today, I'm going to finish the subject I was on yesterday unless someone...aka Mr. Sliver wants to butt in." Mr. Fields looked at Lukas with a smudged expression on his face. "I won't. Unless it's important." Lukas grinned.

"Today we are going to talk about the most supernatural species out there...vampires," Mr.Fields turned on the active board and it displayed a person with fangs and blood. A vampire. "One of the oldest vampires is Dracula. My personal favorite."

Mr. Fields knows nothing. Dracula wasn't one of the oldest vampires. The oldest vampires are my family. The Mikaelsons.

Lukas raised his hand and leaned forward in his chair. "You sure?" Mr. Fields turned to face Lukas. "Yes. I am very sure. He's the most famous vampire alive." He blushed at the situation not knowing how it will turn out.

"Yeah, most fake famous vampire alive. How can you be so sure that Dracula is a real person? I mean wouldn't he have shown himself with all the latest 'animal' attacks." Lukas said.

"Why would he. He wouldn't risk getting caught or exposed to sunlight." Mr. Fields retorted.

"Or maybe he's a coward...or not real. Plus, I think it's really stupid that vampires can't face sunlight, I really do but...wouldn't they be smart enough to find a way around the sun? You know, a solution." Lukas crossed his arms waiting for Mr. Fields to answer.

"I suppose so...yeah. Maybe he hasn't found one yet." Mr. Fields shrugged.

"Sure." Lukas leaned back in his chair and sighed.

"Anyway...let's stop talking about vampires for a split second. Let's talk about another species."

Klaus is a hybrid which makes him special but my mom was a werewolf which make me... what am I?"

"...what about werewolves?" I spoke softly as everyone turned around.

"Good one. Hope right?" Mr. Fields smiled and grabbed a book off his desk.

"Yeah."

"Ms. Mikaelson." Mr. Fields turned to the board and changed the picture. This time it was a man transforming into a wolf. Lukas turned around and stared at me. Like he could see right through me. I smiled to try and make him turn back around, but he just smirked and kept staring.

---------------

I walked down the hall and turned around to notice that everyone was gone. I was suddenly dragged into the science lab. I turned to face Lukas. "What the mess?"

"Okay, I need you to be honest with me." I looked at him weirdly. "What?"

Lukas sat down on a stool and looked up. "What do you know about my family's crest?"

"Crest? I haven't heard anything about a crest until today." I said bluntly.

"What did it look like?" Lukas said urgently as he stood up. "It had wolves and arrows on it-why do you want to know what I know all of a sudden?" I squinted my eyes.

"I wanted to make sure..." Lukas trailed off leaving me dumbfounded in my thoughts. "What," I blurted out "you can't just leave me hanging. Make sure of what?"

"That your dad didn't mean it," Lukas pulled a necklace out of his pocket "there two of these necklaces, one for each side on the family. One this side of the family, the Silvers, I got the necklace but on the other side some woman has it. It's like a pendant." Lukas said.

I stepped back and scratched the back on my neck. Is he talking about what I think he's talking about.

"My dad killed your mom. He's drawing your family's pendant." I said gasping.

"Yes. But he didn't mean too Hope. I want you to know that." Lukas walked toward me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Your family's name means something doesn't it? What does it mean? Silver." I asked hesitantly.

"I'm not what you think I am, and that goes for all of my family also. There is this legend about our family, the legend 'silver kills werewolves' refers to the family called 'Silver' not the metal."