Chapter 30: Frequencies

Start from the beginning

"And that's causing it to shift?" Anna asks, finally finding an empty room at the hospital.

"No, I don't think it's just that." Scott thinks aloud. "Last night Argent said it was getting smarter." Anna turns around to see Allison straining her ears. She puts the call on speaker and paces, trying to think. "What if the Dread Doctors are trying to make the Beast grow faster?"

"With frequencies?" Stiles asks.

"No, by shifting. The frequency is just the trigger. The important part is when it shifts into the werewolf."

"Like Peter," Lydia adds.

"Exactly. When Peter was Alpha, he got stronger every full moon. Eventually, the burns healed and he was back to normal." Scott explains.

"So, the Dread Doctors don't want to wait for the full moon?" Anna asks, glancing at Allison in confusion.

"They want the Beast to be as strong as possible, as fast as possible." Scott sighs.

"Because of Parrish," Liam says.

"I don't think it's only him." Anna mutters, remembering what she saw when she wore the goggles.

"What do you mean?" Lydia inquires.

"I mean, when I was wearing the goggles, I saw a woman who would do anything to kill the Beast. Lots of dead people want this Beast gone. And I can't shake the feeling that we missed something with the mural." Anna sighs.

"It was blue." Allison realizes.

"What?" Anna asks.

"It was blue. The creatures were surrounded by blue." Allison explains.

"I don't think that really matters." Anna mumbles.

"An, who are you talking to?" Scott questions.

"Uh..." Her eyes widen. "No one. But if this is happening tonight, what are we going to do?"

"We've got one clue to go on," Stiles says. "This came to the hospital. I sent you a pic, Anna." Anna looks at her phone to see a bloody shoe print. She shivers, remembering the print from when Theo dragged her to the hospital. "Whoever's lurching inside the Beast is wearing a size 10 of indeterminate make."

"Indeterminate?" Lydia asks.

"Meaning, it's a partial print," Stiles explains. "Basically, it was all we're able to get considering all the fire, blood, and carnage."

"How many size tens are out there?" Scott questions.

"Only one with Parrish's blood on the sole."

"So are we gonna try and get the game canceled?" Anna inquires nervously.

"No, no. We're gonna play, but we're just going to hope really hard that it doesn't turn into a blood-soaked massacre." Stiles says sarcastically.

"Ok, but, aren't we kind of missing out on a chance to catch this thing?" Liam asks. "We don't have the 'who,' but we have the 'where' and the 'when.'"

"There's too may people." Scott reminds him.

"And we still don't know if it's actually gonna happen." Lydia points out. "It might just end up being like a regular lacrosse game. It's possible, right?"

"That's absolutely possible," Stiles says weakly.

"Not in Beacon Hills." Allison scoffs. Anna lets out a small laugh.

"So we're still getting the game canceled?" Anna asks.

"We're getting the game canceled." Scott agrees.

"Alright, see you later, guys," Anna says before hanging up. "This town is going to hell, isn't it?"

"I don't think it hasn't been since I moved here." Allison sighs.

"Al, I saw someone..." Anna trails off, thinking of Marie-Jeanne.

"Who?"

"A woman who looked just like you. She said her name was Marie-Jeanne Argent. Do you know who she is?"

"She's the first hunter." Allison states. "I learned about her when I researched my family. Apparently, in the late 1760's, she was one of the best hunters in the province of Gevaudan."

"Seriously?" Anna exclaims. "Was she the one who killed the Beast?"

"Maybe. I don't know." Allison shrugs.

"Well someone needs to find out soon or else we're in big trouble."

I TOTALLY FORGOT TO POST ON FRIDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! YOU'RE GETTING A DOUBLE UPDATE I AM SO SORRY GUYSSSSSSSSS!!!