t e n

TW: Mentions of drug abuse. If you're uncomfortable about it I would not recommend reading.

"I thought I told you I didn't want to ever see you again. You knew I worked here, so why did you fucking come?!"

"Look, Tyler, I came with a friend, we were just leaving-"

"That's not an excuse you sick fuck!"

"Don't talk to him like that," Phil mutters.

Tyler looks at him, about to let one off, until he looks at their hands and realises. "He hasn't told you, has he?"

Phil looks at Dan and hesitates a bit, Dans face wearing a terrified expression. "Told me what?"

"How he messed up my little sisters life."

"He mentioned a little something about ruining a life but I can't imagine it's that bad-"

"Phil doesn't need to know Tyler. I've accepted what happened and I've explained I was off my face and wouldn't willingly-"

"This waste decided to get high as a kite on drugs and decide to harrass my sister; threaten her, make her so scared that she won't leave her own bedroom!"

1 Year Prior

"You guys ready to go? I heard hundreds are gonna be there!"

"Hundreds? In that place? I can barely fit my fucking leg in there, never mind hundreds of people," Dan jokes, causing the group to laugh loudly.

They're on their way to one of their fortnight parties. There's around 7 people including Dan.

"You're hilarious, Dan," Amy giggles, putting her hand on Dans arm. Dan just winks, a bit overly cocky with himself.

He flicks his long fringe away from his eyes and smooths down his crisp white shirt, which he doesn't know why he done that because no doubt he'll be spilling drink down it later.

The group soon arrive at their friend Felix's house, people already bursting out through the door and onto the front; the music blasting and empty drink bottles already littering the grass.

The group splits up and either goes straight to the dancefloor, or begins conversation with someone they know. Dan walks over to Marzia, Felix's girlfriend. They begin to have a conversation about life, until they decide to part ways, Dans next destination being the drinks. He picks up one and downs it, then picks up another. He chooses to drink this one slowly, the first one was just for a buzz.

A few hours passes, and Dan is stumbling about more than when he's sober. There's a big crowd in the corner of the living room, so he goes over to see what the fuss is about. Three guys, all hunched over, white lines neatly spread along an armchair.

"Oi! Howell! Care to join? We all know you're up for trying new things, eh?" a chavvy accent shouts over, he recognises it as Dean, the 'dealer'.

Dan being the outgoing person he is, plus him being heavily under the infuence, agrees wholeheartedly.

The crowd make a clear pathway, but Dan still stumbles, making everyone laugh. He makes it to the chair and see it's already lined up for him. Seconds later the deed is done, and everyone cheers. Dan can already feel the adrenaline buzz and his mind is completely taken over.

The next morning Dan wakes up in a bed, his jeans unzipped, his top halfway up his torso and his head pounding. He looks around, he's in Felix's bedroom. He rubs his eyes and stretches, wincing at the pounding in his head. There's sobs downstairs.

Dan quickly walks out from the room and down the narrow stairs. The only person there is Amy, the cause of the crying noises. Dan walks over, "Amy, are you okay? What's wrong?" he puts a hand on her arm, his face worried.

Amy looks up and screams, immediately backing away into a wall, and sinking down.

Dan looks at her confused, about to ask why she screamed until he's tackled to the ground.

"You fucking dickhead!"

"I hope you fucking die, you deserve it!"

The insults go on, until Dan begins to run out, and he continues running until he reaches his own house.

He walks in and sighs in relief, until he feels a sharp pain on his face. "You are a disgrace to this family! We do all we can to make sure you live a happy life and you go and do this!" his mum screams at him, his dad shaking his head in disappointment.

"What the hell did I do? If it's bad then I was really drunk, that's it."

"Oh, Daniel, it's worse than bad. It's inhumane, it's sickening, how could you do that?" she begins to cry. "Since when was my son who couldn't hurt a stupid fly, ever capable of injuring and mentally scarring an innocent girl?"

Phil stares at Tyler. "N-no... Dan wouldn't do that."

"Well he did, and now Amy can't bear to go outside in fear that it'll happen again. You knew she was passionate about wanting to go to Uni and actually do something with her life! But no, she can't do that now. Whereas you can and probably don't give two shits. I hope you're proud."

Without saying another word, Phil begins to run.

"Phil!"

Tyler grabs Dan by the collar. "You're lucky she didn't want to call the police, if it were my choice, I would hand you over myself. Enjoy the rest of your shitty life," he shoves him down and spits on him before walking away.

Dan just runs after Phil. It wasn't too hard to spot the boys pastel polka-dot shirt.

He easily catches up, and tries to turn Phil around to face him. Phil just punches him (fortunately not with the injured hand), tears streaming down his face. "Leave me alone Dan. I don't want anything to do with someone like you."

And then he's gone.

I have no clue how it went from paintbrushes to this, i apologise

EDIT NOTE: Okay so um this was so much worse and I didn't like it at all and I'm not going to say why. I was really tired when I wrote it yesterday and wasn't thinking properly and the plot was very undeveloped so I kind of changed it and ik it doesn't make too much sense but it's my first completed story it's allowed oKAY