s i x

"Hola mi amor!" Phil sings, walking into Dans flat.

Dan, having skipped spanish class in school, looks up at him puzzled. "And what does that mean? You better not be calling me anything rude."

"Nooo, no. It means, Hello my love."

"I am not 'your love', Lester," Dan sighs, using finger quotation marks.

Phil smiles nonetheless. "Yet!"

Dan just rolls his eyes, not bothering to carry on the topic. They'd known each other around a month now and Phil wasn't shy to just come out with it and tell Dan his feelings. Don't get the boy wrong, he does somewhat return those feelings but the only thing that is holding him back is those dickhead voices and his... mistake.

"How're you feeling? I heard you smashing things earlier."

Dan stops what he was doing, which was playing the Kendall and Kylie game on his phone (don't judge he secretly wants to be a famous vlogger and right now this is all he can do to achieve it), and he stares at Phil. Nobody was supposed to hear his mini rampage, which is why he done that rather than scream, because no doubt one day there's going to be a formal complaint and he'll get evicted. He's surprised it hasn't happened yet.

"Um... I don't know what you're talking about..." he blatantly lies, avoiding eye contact.

"Now that is bullmonkey. I heard you, Dan."

Sighing, Dan shuts his phone off and places it down on the table infront of him. "Okay, okay. I done that rather than scream. I find it hard to control, they're just always there and it's getting worse and worse!"

"Woah, woah, Dan it's okay, you don't need to get so distressed!"

Dan doesn't listen and starts hyperventilating. "They keep coming back and I hate them and I just want them out from my mind! They keep reminding me of what I done, I didn't mean it. It wasn't something I enjoyed, I didn't want to ruin her life."

He continues to breathe heavily, tears silently rolling down his cheeks, not realising he just slipped out a piece of vital information. Phil noticed though, and puts a hand on Dans arm. "I doubt you ruined anyones life Dan. You're just overreacting, c'mon."

"You don't fucking understand! You never will!" Dan cries, standing up and running out the front door, leaving a confused Phil behind.

This chapter has to be super short I'm sorry but I want to make it 10 chapters, not including prologue and epilogue.