Give A Little More

Content warning: sexual content.

It is not for the whole chapter - Lyse <3

15

It was three days before I spoke to Roman again. On the second day, he came to my house and banged on my door, demanding that I let him in, and my only reply was for him to go to work. In addition, I retrieved my key from its hiding spot to prevent him from coming in anyway.

When I finally did speak to him, it was because he showed up at my job, specifically just in time for my lunch break. He strode in with his suit and tie looking as put together as ever. I did not look horrible, or at least by my usual standards, however the days that passed had been rough, cold, and lonely.

I tucked a piece of hair that was loose from my ponytail behind my ear. The glances from everyone around the office were tangible things as they penetrated my person. Nervously, I pulled my sweater sleeve further down over my hands and wiped at the non-existent dirt on my slacks. I stood up as he entered my work area.

"What are you doing here, Roman?" I hissed lowly.

He looked around briefly before leaning down toward me. "Well you refuse to answer my calls and you've conveniently seem to have decided to change your key hiding spot. What did you expect me to do Scarlett?" He lowered his voice.

"Go back to work, Roman," I frowned.

His hand angrily ran through his hair, "Don't start this again, goddamn it."

I looked around and saw the bevy of eyes on us. "Watch yourself, I am at my job." I said curtly while what I truly wanted was to reach up and stroke his cheeks.

"I'm not leaving until you talk to me Scarlett," he whispered.

One last look around prompted me to grab his jacket sleeve, "fine. Just come on." I grabbed my purse quickly as I shuffled him out of the building.

Once on the sidewalk, he gripped my hand and turned me toward him, "Scarlett Summer, I have apologized time and time again. I don't know what else to do. What did you expect me to do? I obviously care about you and I want you safe and healthy and happy. I panicked and I did what I could to ensure that."

I looked at his beautiful eyes, watching the stirring of the waves in them, "Roman, if there is only one thing that you have to understand about me it is this: I am not your little fixer upper project and I don't want you to fix me."

"I know, I know, but please know that you have never been that to me. Know that." He reached forward to grip my chin. I let his hand pull me closer and up to him, "Besides, I really missed you." He smiled against my mouth briefly before catching it in a kiss.

"It was only three days," I played it off as if I had not missed him like crazy too.

"Yeah, but it was three days of you being mad at me." He wrapped his arms around my torso while he buried his face against my neck.

I felt heat flood my body and I was reminded of why I continued to take the daily birth control even though we had yet to become intimate again. I murmured his name trying to cover the thickness my voice had taken on. As he retracted from me, I ran my hands up his arms and reached for his tie.

"I missed you too, but I just wanted you to get your work done. Your job is important."

"It would be a lot easier to get that work done if I had a pretty lady to encourage me, you know in maybe in a home office of some sort." He grinned but continued gaging my reaction.