A Dance with the Devil

Can anyone tell me what the hell happened, I thought, breathing heavily in the backseat of the car, listening closely to Toine as he gives me a lecture on Saryott and what to expect from him. I never thought I'd be fooled so easily- given the fact that I am only 16 years old, but still- something did seem odd in the beginning, and that alone should've prevented me from doing this- but if I hadn't, we'd all be dead- and that wouldn't be much better.

"Bullozz is even trickier then Saryott," said Toine as we pulled into the parking lot, which was covered in frost and snow, as it sometimes is here, "He is the demon who gives Saryott his ideas- a mastermind of deceiving. You proved to be a ripe mind for him to fool- and he did so with ease."

"I caught it at the end though-"

"And what happens if that was the end of the world?"

Why the heck did he have to do this to me?

"No worries, I know Saryotts next destination- what did he ask you for?" Grandpa asked me, staring me in the eyes, not letting his gaze weaken.

"Something called the 'Tear of the Fallen Moon,'" I say, feeling a bit uncomfortable- I'm usually not the one to do well in the hot seat- something I really need to work on. 

"Oh god," Jarvis sighed, as if this were a really bad thing.

"Now I'm getting nervous," Toine said, and when Toine gets nervous, we're all going to die.

"Okay, okay," Grandpa said as we walked through the doors, "We're fine now. We don't have to worry about Saryott and his cronies for a long time- Now, we go increase you and the others training, and we 'cure' Tangelo of this affliction- something Jarvis couldn't handle."

"Just give me one day, and the young one will be fine." Jarvis said, with a tone of confidence.

Alright, now time to text Tia for hours as she wonders where I've been.

"You're not done just yet, though." Toine said to me as he grabbed my sleeve- "All of you guys have to do training tonight."

"C'mon, I just got the wind knocked out of me over there- can we have a few hours of rest?" I said fixing my sleeve, and adjusting my shirt back to it's normal position.

"I wish it were the simple but no, we have to do this." Toine stared at me- then I saw a flash in his eye. "Wait- Just one night of relaxation- but tomorrow, we're back in business."

"Thank you Toine." I say, with a face full of relief.

"Wallace! Where have you and Tangelo been-" Landry said as he saw Jarvis carry Tangelo in, "What's wrong with Tangelo?"

"We got in to a little... pickle. He will be fine though, and I need to sleep."

"Hey man, that's on you. I'll see you in the morning." Landry said as he pat me on the back- I flinched, mainly because the hits I took were extremely hard, and as I took of my shirt to change, I realized that I was bruised all over my body. I just sat in my bed, staring out the window. "Not a bad view," I whisper to myself as I see the buildings and lights of the city lasting through the dark outside. "Hey! I almost got killed right there!" I said as I point at the exact spot where the demon almost killed me at.

"What the crap? Are you talking to yourself?" Nila said as she walked in the room, and I quickly covered up in the blanket. "What the ---- are you doing here?"

"First of all, I could give a crap less about your body,"

"Oh yeah, I forgot. You and Landry are dating!"

She shot a bolt of fire at me.

"With the pain I'm already going through," I state breathing in slowly, "You hurt me more."

"Whatever, my 'lover' Landry," she said in apparent sarcasm, "Are gonna practice because Toine insists. You going?"

"Nope, I get to relax for once."

"With all those bruises on you, I'm surprised you actually lived."

You best believe it.

"Yeah whatever," I said as I turned around on my side, and shut my eyes, "I'm going to bed, see you tomorrow."

"Alrighty then. See you."

She left and turned off the lights, and I immediately took out my phone so I can start texting Tia. after our hour conversation, I realized something- I faced off a demon, and lived. Not much people can say that, and honestly I feel kind of proud yet worried that I actually saw a demon- and the pictures don't even describe how terrifying they look.

You can say, I quite literally danced with the devil.

"You need to sleep, seriously." said Landry as he walked in, getting his spell book. "Your eyes are red, and you look beat up- are you OK?"

"You try facing off with a demon and not get hurt."

He just stared, and turned around.

"Tear of the Fallen Moon," I whispered.

"What's that?"

"Something you should never touch, no matter what. Good night Landry."

"See you bro."