Untold Secrets

I quickly packed a knife, and anything I can use for defense, just in case things go south. I know I can't defend against them with magic, but I know I sure can with a knife and baseball bat on my side. My grandfather brings nothing, because he's just going to use his magic. Hopefully, we won't have to end up killing cousins.

"Grandpa, are you sure you want to come?" I ask him, expecting the same answer- I was right.

"Yes, Child. Now maybe you should shut up before I change my mind about any of us going to that damned house!"

I knew my Grandpa didn't really like the Correa's, since he was one of the last people to meet Dave, and in that last confrontation they fought- my grandfather won that one. But it still caused permanent uneasiness amongst the two families- hopefully that was all in the past with these people.

"Grandpa, I don't want any trouble with these people, you hear me? I just want my information, and if I don't, maybe then you can start fire blasting the place down. Until then, stick to the plan- keep calm."

I could tell the man didn't look happy, as if I told him he couldn't do anything- but I didn't want to risk it: my grandfather is a little rusty at magical battling. And like I said before, we don't want to kill relatives. Especially if they are Magic users as well.

We continued to walk down the street, armed, and then I saw my REAL friend- Landry! "Hey Landry, come over here!" I yelled. Landry is one of the few people I know who knows about my magical powers being legitimately real. "Landry, hold this knife."

"Woah, woah, woah! Who are we going to kill?!" Landry screamed. I hushed him down, and told him the entire thing. "Now you understand?" I asked.

"OK I'm in, but first, you must assure me we are not going to kill nor get killed."

"It's a possibility." My grandfather said, and grinned.

As we were walking even further on our 15 mile trek, Landry got bored, and asked me a question- "So Wallace, how's it going with Tya?"

"Wallace, who is Tya?" asked my Grandfather.

"She's just a girl I know..." I said, not wanting to say much. "My grandson has a girlfriend? You really are a Wisecci man!" I sighed, and glared at Landry, but before I could get the stare at him, "She told me you guys kissed already."

Landry won't shut up, wouldn't he.

8 miles later...

Grandpa signaled us to stop, and then we realized, we overestimated the distance. I walked up to ring the bell, so we wouldn't look as threatening.

"Who's there?"

"Wallace. Who is this?" I could tell it was a female- maybe around my age.

"My name is Nila Dollandroff, hold up I will open the door."

As I started to pay attention, I started to feel essence- this door is hexed. I shouldn't touch it right now, I thought. If I touch it, a variety of things could happen to me- It explodes, or I would be hexed, as in turn into a small animal, mostly frogs and rats.

"Please don't touch the door-"

"I know already- It's hexed." I cut Nila in her sentence. "Wait, you're a magician?" Nila gasped, " Who sent you here?"

"I came here on my own terms, now may you please open up the door?!"

"Sure- right this way."

Nila opened the door, and even though it was the first time I saw her, she was one of the most visually stunning girls I've ever seen- and that she wasn't my cousin. Who the heck are the Dollandroff's?