It begins here...

I woke up in the middle of the night; the date had been successful, and I think we can safely consider her to be my girlfriend. Not only that, but turns out my grades are a lot higher than expected, and my magic self-training is going very well. I have practiced some lightning spells, and as part of my sorcery training, I learned how to summon a small dust storm, out of... dust.

I then heard a beep on my cellphone, and it's a message from Tya. Questioning on why she texted late, it turns out she texted hours earlier. She told me that she's glad me and her are dating, and apparently, this is a match "made in heaven." Usually I wouldn't say the same about a high school relationship, but I don't want to lose her after a few hours of dating, so I stood with it.

I walked my way to the bus stop, waiting for the bus to arrive. Everyone was pretty much minding their own business, and it was freezing outside. I was wearing two layers, but now I think I should've put on a third one,  I'm guessing it's sixteen degrees out here. I stared around, looking at the snow blanketed streets of Atlanta, and began to question my sanity when I realized something- I bought my Book if Secrets! No mere mortal is allowed to see it, not even me actually, I only have it because I inherited it from my father. I have to keep it safe, or else they'd be cursed with the power of magic as well, a lifestyle that is tough to partake in...

And what happens if that Magician killing cult comes by?

I worried for a moment, about to turn back and put it away- but instead I decided to hide it. It's a fairly small book- it can fit in my pockets. I quickly put it in, trying not to look suspicious to the others looking at me, and I slowly walk towards the bus when it arrives at the stop. I jump on, and grab my seat quickly. I pull out my book and start reading it, trying to mind my own business- hiding things in plain sight as they would say- but I didn't succeed at that.

"Hey, what are you reading?" asked a tall, Hispanic boy by the name of Tangelo.

"Nothing much, just trying to finish a book." I reply, hiding my nervousness fairly well. Something about Tangelo doesn't seem ordinary though, like I sense magical essence around, and that usually doesn't happen unless...

Tangelo leans in, and whispers in my ear, "Are you a Sorcerer too?"

I'm awestruck right now. I too whisper back, "No I'm actually a Magician."

"Glad to meet one of the magic users, thought I was the only one in the school. What's your name?"

"The name is Wallace, Wallace Wiseman. Nice to meet another one of our kind, Mr.-"

"Tangelo Correa, glad to meet you cousin."

At school, I couldn't pay attention- I was too focused on what just happened.

"Wallace Wiseman, can you repeat the definition of the Pythagorean Theorem?" Everybody in the class turned back to me, and started laughing as if they expected me to flunk this question. Thank god I'm a magician. "In mathematics, the Pythagorean theorem, also known as Pythagoras's theorem, is a relation in Euclidean geometry among the three sides of a right triangle. It states that the square of the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides." Thank you Wikipedia.

"Good job... uh Wallace."

People could tell I was focused on something because of the way my face looked. It was a very intimidating, yet confused look. 

"Hey Wallace!" Tya said as she walked by, and she gave me a kiss on my cheek.

"How's it going Tya?" I ask

"Good, I'm just going to English. Do you wanna walk me there? This should be your free period."

How did she know? "Sure, I'll come with you." I needed to walk with her to get my mind off of this, if there are more magicians, why didn't grandfather tell me? While I was talking to her, the thoughts were still surging through me, and were confusing me even more and more. She gave me one more kiss, and I guess that was enough to keep my mind off of the matter for a few hours.