Sorcery

Ahh, Sorcery.

Now many people may not know about this, but yes there is a difference between Magic and Sorcery. Magic is consistent; It actually works, and is there when you need it. Sorcery on that other hand, isn't as reliable.. It's kind of confusing, but it also makes sense at times. I'll explain.

Sorcery is a different style from Magic- Whereas with magic you can do all kinds of things with it, Sorcery is mostly offensive spells, or wreaking havoc upon people. Sorcerers have great power, and are capable of destructive things, which is why they are such a worry about in this world. Your decent Sorcerer can be as good as my father, the best magician. But the thing with sorcerers is that they have no defense- they tend to take a lot of hits. Now me myself, have dabbled a bit into Sorcery, by reading into my fathers studies of the element. He took very detailed notes, and tried his best to make it able to work, and thus, making him a decent sorcerer. Sorcerers speak 3 languages in their spells; Egyptian, Arabic, and Greek. Now I mastered some spells, and my sorcery is technically better than my fathers, which makes me proud. To be a sorcerer, you could be anyone, as long as you know how to flow your words right, and make the movements with your hands. Sorcery is also dangerous, because you must harness a lot more energy than a magician has too- they weren't given the same protection that magicians were given by the Tempest Dragons. It takes years to harness all the energy, and stay with it, but the amount of power and knowledge you have afterwards, it's so worth it. My grandfather praises me for learning sorcery as well, as I am expanding my knowledge to different things. But you might know how my mother feels about it. After my father, she always thought that magic was dangerous- a misused tool that should be helpful, but is full of temptation and power- something that destroyed my father 12 years ago. She never felt the same about magic, in fact, my grandfather said she used to love magic, but the incident traumatized her. Her one true love, being consumed by the power of magic- and she doesn't want that happening to her birth son. I understand where she got this pain from, but I don't believe it would happen to me- I'm not that powerful, and my lust for mana is very limited; the stronger you get, the higher the lust- and that's why getting very powerful in the magical world can be both dangerous, and amazing. You become an icon for magicians and sorcerers alike, and you have community respect- but at the same time, they worry about you.

"Wallace, I think it's time for you to head to the bus stop right now. Getting close to time." Grandpa said, as he pulled out his watch, and nodded at me. My mom went over to hug me and say bye, and I was off to the bus.