Trickster? Or Magician?

I walked on the bus as it came right towards me, and I decided to sit in the middle- not too loud like the back, yet not as quiet as the front. It's a nice mix of both. At least for me.

I'm usually one of the first on, because I rather have my "reserved" seat then having to sit next to someone I really don't want to sit next to; just a preference. I wait patiently until we get to school, and as soon as I get off, I see the "cool" kids almost immediately. "Hey Wallace, come over here!" they yell, and me, not wanting to be berated in front of the entire courtyard, I go along with the plan.

" Sup," I say, as I get near to them. "Can I do anything for you guys?"

"Hey Wallace... my main man, uh, can you show my girlfriend here a cool trick you can do?" asks Raymond,  the quarterback for the schools football team.

"Sure, why not?" I reply, and go along doing what I do best- magic.

"Anything you'd like to see, uh..." as I see that Raymond has gotten a new girlfriend, and broke up with the one he only had for a weeks time.

"Her name is Alicea, Wallace." Raymond scolds at me, followed by a glare.

"Hi." says Alicea. It seems like she doesn't believe the things I could do, but it's time to prove her wrong.

"So anything in particular you'd like to see?" I ask kindly, trying not to get beat up in the locker room, after gym class.

" I'd like to see you do a fire trick," she tells me, with a grin, "And there better not be a no, or but in your reply."

"Alicea-" juts Raymond in the conversation, "I didn't tell you he can do those tricks."

"Oh, nothing to worry about Raymond... I'll show the lady what she wants if she wants to believe if I really do have powers..." I bluff, and Alicea is not convinced with the answer I had given. I'm really going to have to do this, I thought.

"I'm waiting Wallace." says Alicea.

"Oh, I cannot look..." Raymond looks away, as I ready myself for the act.

"Lets go Wallace, I want to see this trick!" Alicea screams at me, swinging her arm at me, almost slicing a scar into my face. Imagine how I could explain that to my grandfather- he'd think I dumped someone.

"OK, you may have your wish, your... feistiness." I say, and as soon as the sentence is over, a flame bursts out of my hands, and Alicea is shocked. Raymond yells at me, "Go Wallace! That's my boy." and my power is slightly drained out.

"Wow... you're forreal!" she screams, and then gasps as I show my hands with no burn marks, or reddening. "Wow amazing..."

"Is that all you'd like to see Ms. Alicea?" I ask kindly, praying she says no, because honestly, I do not want my power draining out before the day ends. Home emergencies happen.

"No, that would be all, Wallace." Good answer, Alicea, because I was going to leave anyways.

First period bell suddenly rings, and I go to my Algebra II class; I quickly  put my mind at rest before I do anything else or overload my mind, and pray that the day goes by- fast.

In the middle of the day, I could already tell that a lot more kids have seen my trick- and that some have even told others about it. Even few of the teachers and faculty members asked me to do a trick for them- I guess people really do like fire. But one person that I'd know would love to get me in trouble is Principal Vince-Yves. Ever since my accidental flooding of the downstairs bathrooms, I knew that he would not like to see me anymore with a fire in my hands- literally.

"Morning, Mr. Wiseman, how are you this fine morning?"  asks Principal Vince-Yves, as he seems to look all over me, as if he know about the fire tricks I have been doing lately. "Fine, your Hugeness- You?" I reply. He giggles, and then his face gets straight as if he's about to talk some serious business. "Mr. Wiseman, I have heard about your little trick," His Hugeness said, and I knew he heard about it- who hasn't? Anyways, he continues by saying, "Now Mr. Wiseman, I do not permit the use of flammable objects on campus, in fact, I strictly forbid them from entering the school!" he yells at me. "Well sir, if you want to cut off my hands, go at it." I reply.

"Mr. Wiseman, I know magic isn't real- it's a fact. And if I see this little act of yours with my own eyes- including cameras and loyal faculty, you will get detention after school. Capisce?" Van-Yves said to me.

"Yes sir." I reply, with a very authentic smile- or so I thought.

But after the events of today, it brings up the valuable question of- am I a trickster or a magician? Now both of them may sound similar, but are indeed very different. Now a magician, as I said, got their powers from the Tempest Dragons, the Sorcerers from the elements, and tricksters get theirs- from themselves. Trickery is a very light kind of magic, only used for the joy of others, and if used for battle, is used for getting away. You know the doves, and handkerchiefs?  Or when people summon a thick cloud, and disappear? Or when someone turns someone else into a, lets say, a frog? That's trickery my friends. Magic is more raw and untamed, dangerous and, a whole lot more serious. A Magician could decimate a Trickster- but a good Trickster knows how to get away with the win. Their escape capabilities, along with their speed and annoyances, can be particularly deadly to a magician, especially a young and foolish one. They know how to lure, bait, trap, trick, and steal from others- they're like the thief's of the magical world, and not many people like them. Except you, non-magic users. You guys see them as the real magicians, who knows how to entertain a crowd with petty magic- something my father always laughed at. he'd always say, "Can you believe these people? They clapped and got excited when I pulled a dove out of the air, or turned a dog into a frog! What taste in magic do they have?" And sadly, he was right. The magical entertainment you guys see as amazing, is what me and my grandfather and father see as, "petty and worthless."

And when people call my magic fake, I do not like it. And lets just say I got detention that same day- for disrespecting a faculty member by telling them why I was right and "why they were wrong."

Of course it isn't easy explaining to normal people how and why magic is real, and why they should believe me.